HI All!

March 1, 2019 marked my 1 year Tofacitinib.

Either Xeljanz and or Generic Tofacinix from Beacon Pharma in Bangladesh.

Started on 10mg per day and bumped up to 15 mg per day in August of 2018.

I saw my doc at Columbia University in NYC on my 1 year mark.

He drew my labs and everything came back great!

I've currently been on 3 pills per day of Tofacinix (approx 15mg per day with probable slight dosage variation due to it being a generic)

My doc has me starting to wean off the meds, here is his plan for me:

I went down to 2 pills per day (10 mg per day) starting March 1,2019

After 3 months, if no shedding, no patches, he wants me to go down to 1 pill per day.

After 3 months, if no shedding, no patches, he wants me to try to go off completely.

Update on Pfizer Xeljanz co-pay coupon. The Co-Pay coupon is now 3 months FREE

You can use it once per year. It wasn't free for me last year, but it is now!

I called in and activated the coupon with Pfizer and next day walked out of the pharmacy in NYC with 180 free pills of Xeljanz. So I will be on the name brand for 3 months and then will switch back to my stockpile of Beacon generic.

No side effects. Current pics below. Last time I buzzed was Dec 16, 2018

Also a baseline pic from March 1, 2018

Thanks for all of your support guys and wishing everyone here healing in whatever way it comes.

Love of love,

N

Views: 42740

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

mouree@beaconmedicare.com.bd

I received 3 orders after the pandemic,  starting in July.. I was in NYC - but I left, now I'm in Atlanta,  shipment comes in 2 weeks or less.

Hi Guys

Does anyone in the UK have an spare 5mg Tofacinix I could purchase? I have tried ordering but every money transfer i have tried to use requests a prescription - im getting pretty desperate. 

have you tried transferwise?

Yeah I have and they banned my account for suspicious activity. I only have 2 months left so doesnt look good 

Hello

I have 42 tablets to sell. I sadly had to stop taking Tofacinitab as my cholesterol levels went really high and I wasn’t a great responder.  I have spent a fortune but sadly this hasn’t helped. I live in London. 

Hey Vicki

Sorry to hear it hasn't worked for you. I will happily buy them off of you - send me a message x

How do I send you a message?

Click on my name and you will see an option to add me as a friend and inbox me 

Sorry to hear about your cholesterol. 
mom getting mine checked this week will report back. 
this seems to be the most common side effect for women. 

Im scaling by dose back to 15 one day 10 the next. 
will keep you guys posted. 

Hi Nicole, just got my cholesterol results back - total 214 ( above norm of 200). The bad one is high too. I eat healthy diet - very little meat and diary. Does not seem to make a difference.  I am on 16 m one day, 11mg the next.

Hi Nat and Nicole,

My total cholesterol was 140 prior tofacinix.  Now it is 210.  Quite a difference, yet I have not been restricting my diet.  I am going to try to put more fiber in my diet with more salads and fruit plus drinking more water.  I can report back in a few months and let you know if I am able to reduce to under 200.  The tofacinix has helped regrow my hair and I have a full head of it FINALLY. I take 20 mg. a day.  Have been for a 17 months.  I plan to reduce one pill a week. and then two pills a week,etc. and try to get to 15 mg. a day.  Thank you to all of you for your collaboration on this forum.  We find strength from each other.  Be well!!!

Wow Smitty thanks for letting us know. 
let us know how it looks after the lifestyle adjustments. Great about your hair!
I will keep you guys posted as soon as I have my results. 

Much love to you all. 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service