Has anyone ever had experience with this?? I want to go to an amusment park soon but im scared my wig will fly off my head LOL! Any tips on how to keep it secured?? Thanks for any help :)

Views: 13495

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thats would be sooo funny if you did come out in a white wig lol
Hello I have a vacuum piece and it was totally fine. I was a little worried at first but after my first roller coaster I felt ok.
EXACTLY how i feel lol!! omg it would be so awful if the wig flew off my head!!! but i say lets do it!!! i feel like i have given this disease WAY to much power over my life already so i am taking my life back!!!! i am going to do what i want to do when i want to do it!! lol that's so cheesy!! i wish i was confident enough to go out without a wig...i wonder what the wind would feel like against my scalp going that fast! oh well, i guess that will be the next thing i have to work on lol.
Your correct most of us have given up alot because of hairloss and we have to change that. life is too short too stay home because of not having hair. hope you have tons of fun :o)

I know this is 3 years ago, but I was wondering if it flew off, and what type or wig/adhesive you used! Thanks!!

i wear a bandana at amusement parks and i bring along a sweater (even in the heat) i just put it on right before the ride and put on my hood. then i pull my hood tight against my head during most rides. on the rides where i am squeezing the life out of the handle bars, my hood sometimes comes off mid-ride but the scarf keeps my wig on so i'm still good to go (:

also , before the ride when no one's really looking , i pull my wig and bandana really close to my eyes. so that even if it does shift back during the ride , it'll only be shifting back to where it's supposed to be instead of moving further off my head if that makes any sense . that helps quite a bit .

another thing i found to be really helpful is swimming caps ! you can put on a swimming cap over your wig leaving the hair down so that its super tight and secure on your head. and then cover the swimming cap with a scarf (bandana's work best - the ones that are a triangle shape :) the scarf will cover up that weird swimming cap at an amusement park look O_o (lol) and the combo are incredible . lol . if you've ever had a swimming cap on , you know ! those things are unstoppable . haha .
About a month ago I went to 6 flags in New Jersey with my friends. Everyone wanted to go on the Kingda Ka(The fastest roller coaster in the world). I wanted to go with them so they helped me tie a scarf around my head to secure my wig. Also my wig is a lace front wig so I had alot of double sided tape to secure it. During the ride I had my hands holding my head just in case. My wig survived the kingda ka and I actally went again. Good Luck :) Brittany
so I just want toknow about Kingda Ka...is it really fun? How long were the lines...if I go I will just go bald or with a scarf anyhow....thanks!
There is such an easy solution to all of these problems (I won't go into it here...most of you know me, or can check out my page if you don't). I spent about 6 months worrying about this, and letting it limit my activities. I can't imagine having to deal with this anxiety now. Freedom is a beautiful thing.

All the best,
Mary

My daughter wears all lace wigs that she tapes on with super tape and she never thinks about it coming off. Summer with diving off boats, wake boarding etc. never gives it a thought and has never had a problem. She has to work at getting the wig off when it is time to change it.

I know this was 3 years ago, but I was wondering if there was anything you did to make it secure and not fall off!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service