Iam complety exhausted at looking at wigs on line, i have a couple of wigs and hair pieces put i feel like they look way to wiggie and dont look good on me. well i know there is no such thing as perfect but i wish the "perfect wig could just come my way so that i dont have to think and hope all day everyday..... when will i find a wig that suits me. Im so tired !!!!

Views: 698

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi

I just thought I would add some personal thoughts around wig fairies and wig choices :)

What works for others may not work for you. Do your homework with regards to wigs. Work out your needs, your deal breakers etc. I did this at the beginning of the process with my daughter and we did find something that helped us and continues to help us.

Some of the things that I think it is worthwhile investigating:

Type of hair (whether it is processed or unprocessed - this very much changes longevity and the way a wig will look long term.)
Type of implantation: How this looks and how it makes the hair move (very important for a realistic look).
How the wig attaches to you? Is it glued to you, is it a vacuum wig, is it tied on tightly, is it a vacuum type wig with partial security - all these things impact on you.
Longevity of the product: how long will the hairpiece stay looking beautiful.
How do you look after your wig of choice?: very important with many wig choices.
What is your lifestyle and what are your particular needs?
Cost in comparison to lifetime of the wig?

Hope this helps.

Rosy

Cost:

Also:

Would I rather get cheaper synthetics so I can afford to change styles and/or colors?
How do ear tabs work with glasses and sunglasses?
How does this color look in the outdoor sunlight? Too flat? Too shiny? Too bold?
How does this color look with my skin tone, eyes, wardrobe, glasses, favorite photo backgrounds? In office lighting?

Thank you for posting this, Rosy. I find it very helpful as I start my own investigations.

thanks everyone for all your help
rose im goona write all that down so when i go buy a wig, im gonna ask all this

Hey Ana, I said a little prayer that you find your "dream hair." If you want any info on bonded on hair systems, which I've been happy with, then let me know. Good Luck! I know you will eventually find what works for you!

hello dominique,
that means so mcuhc to me you have no idea.. Thank you.

I just wanted to recmmend a website that does a lot of video reviews of wigs:http://onehundredpercentreal.com/category/video-wig-reviews/ Cynthia's reviews have helped me a lot because it is often times hard to know what they actually look like on.

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I live in Dallas, and found someone who does EXTRAORDINARY units! And she's caring/considerate. I'm uploading a picture for you to view. I have alopecia universalis, and was SICK of trying to find something that looked natural. This is he real deal! (Illusions by Lisa Perry - you can Google her, or find her on Facebook. She makes units for all ethnic groups! I LOVE HER!)

Attachments:

Lynn, this is amazing!! I can't believe it, I don't live in Dallas, but in Washington state, we don't have a lot of options here, there is only a couple of wig salons, and one who carries prosthetic hair options in Seattle. I'm so new to wigs/replacements and was wondering is this what they call a lace front? Is it silicone based like the vacuum or grippers? Sorry if these seem like silly questions, I just don't have the understanding yet of all the different kinds.

Though it's made of a combination lace cap, she doesn't call the units "lace fronts" nor does she call them wigs because she feels they are cheaply made, at a ridiculous price. In short, the lace she uses is combined with other materials for comfort, and so that the look is natural and easy to maintain.

I've had alopecia universalis for about 3 years now, and finding a way to manage it has been painstaking. Lisa has been a TREMENDOUS help - beyond helping me choose a suitable unit, she has also given me a variety of make-up tips that have worked wonders. All other people I've run into were no help at all, didn't understand what I was experiencing, and didn't care. I've not known Lisa for very long, but she has sincerely made my life soooo much better. I sing her praises for no other reason than she deserves it.

I've tried the vaccum/grippers . . . the look wasn't for me.

Let me know what you think! I also have a video.

http://http://www.illusionsbylisaperry.com/

I have had alopecia universalis for over 40 years!!!!! I have worn so many different pieces. I have worn a vacuum for over 23 years. I just purchased a new gripper sport and I am so happy with this piece. It is breathable, lightweight and beautiful.

I do have alopecia universalis so I purchased the gripper sport. The security is amazing. I was not sure about this at first because of the security you have with a vacuum. Since they use medical grade silicone, it is VERY secure. I would not hesitate to wear it on a roller coaster, working out or running.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Alyce

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service