HI Guys,

Has anyone imported Xeljanz from india via Fedex?

Just wondering if its reliable and if it gets through customs without issue.

Thanks!

Views: 73408

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I usually order 9 boxes, they never made me problems

Hello Nicole T and everyone else that have been active in this discussion, because of you guys I have HOPE.
Well I had alopecia since I was a 14 year old kid, I am 26 now.. it’s been a long journey. All my life it’s been ups and downs with my alopecia playing up.. usually the few patches which would get covered by my long hair. I am an Indian and had very thick hair. Recently few months ago I under went a lot of stress possibly one of the most stressful event of my life and during these 8 weeks, I lost all my hair.. when I say all, I mean my scalp hair, my eyebrows, my eyelashes and my beard. I got into depression, I don’t even feel like coming out. Since I am in Tanzania, east Africa.. we have limited access to medical treatment, luckily I met a good dermatologist, she’s from France and she helped me recover my eyes brows at least 50% with steroids and PRP procedure treatment it was painful but worth the result. She refused to get it done on my scalp because there’s no hair. She told me to consult a psychiatrist because she feels it’s hard for me to accept seeing myself this way.. which it truly is. I am seeing a therapist on betterhelp. It does sort of help, though gets hard when I look at the mirror. I have gotten PRP and steroids done before in India on my scalp before my wedding to cover the few small patches I had.. it did wonders. I am hoping for the same results for my eyebrows.. A couple of days ago I came across this website and i feel im not the only one. I’m following the talk about tofacinix, I’ve decided to take a step and order tofacinix from beacon, I have already made the payment and hopefully expecting the medicines next week. But I need everyones advice. How much dosage should I be taking? Will it work? Are there side effects (main concern) Should I get Tofacitinib or this medicine from Bangladesh is good enough? I am going to see my dermatologist next week for a follow up and another PRP treatment, and I am going to speak to her to guide me as I take tofacinix. Also if you all could can assist, I would really appreciate it.
Thank you.

Hey Ricky,

Im so sorry you are going through this. So depressing and hopeless i know. :(

I would stick with the Tofacinix from Beacon. 5 mg pills.

Take 1 pill in the AM and 2 pills in the PM for 15mg total per day.

You may get a little respiratory infection when you start as your immune system adjusts so just take good care of yourself lots of fruit and veggies, oj, vitamin C.

Also it tends to increase cholesterol so just try to limit animal products and have a good veggie diet for the most part.

Blood clots are the biggest side effect so just get exercise and think about adding a baby aspirin daily.

Be patient with it, it takes time but if you are a responder, you will get all of your hair back.

Do keep us posted and know you are not alone in this.

xo

Thank you NicoleT for your abrupt feedback. Feels good being here.. I will be starting the meds soon as I receive them and follow with a healthy diet to support my immune system. I am just curious regarding how long will I require to take the meds? And how long will it take to recover my scalp hair? I saw a picture of you growing vellus hair? What’s that? 
Awaiting your feedback!

Well sadly you will very likely have to stay on it indefinitely. 

Hair will grow in white and soft and then will regain its dark pigment and thickness. 

Hi Ricky . Sorry to hear you going through this. We are all going through or have gone through it . Everything Nichole t said plus don’t forget to do blood tests before you start the meds and every three months while you are on it to make sure everything is alright. The tests are TB , hiv , hepatitis b and c. Full blood count . Complete metabolic panels and fasting lipids. Once all clear you only need to monitor blood count , fasting lipids and metabolic panels every three months and if you get a fever you need to stop for few days . Good luck . I started 3 weeks ago so I don’t have much experience . But most people here do especially Nichole t

Yes good call. Just get a full blood panel from a GP so that you have baseline labs. 

columbia university who manages my care only does labs every 6 months to a year depending on how long you’ve been on the medication. 

Nicole,

I go to columbia as well, it concerns me they don't seem to care all that much to look at my blood as much as everyone else on the board. I have them check it every 3-4 months and it seems my LDL is acting up but it fluctuates from normal to really high that its probably more of a me issue than a xeljanz issue.

--

I just ordered from Beacon (havent in some time) and wondering if there has been any changes from customs? Just ordered about 20 boxes. 

Greg

Hey Greg

Hope you are well.

I agree its odd how casual Columbia is about the bloodwork.

Frankly, they never prescribe me bloodwork, i just get it done myself at my GP and Columbia never even asks to see it. I track my own cholesterol etc.

Must admit I'm not happy with my care there at all. They give me 6 minutes at a time and rush me out the door. I'm pretty  much entirely responsible for my own treatment.

I would love to get to see Dr.King, but i still have to fill out his form to see if theres any chance of getitng an appointment and then i have to make the schlep on the train.

Good times.

Yeah, it was better awhile back. I've noticed the last 6 months it's been more hectic and less bedside manners/care. Unfortunately all NYC doctors are like this now. 

Its very true. I dont entirely blame the doc, its just a very messed up system.

Before he left, Kabigting had amazing beside manner and gave me time, but then he made a horrible mistake on my dosing reduction.

Tough to know what to do with it all.

At least columbia is very responsive to my emails so that helps for sure.

Just 3 weeks ago , I took a full Ana blood test thyroid and hormones test and sent the blood samples to india Delhi , everything was normal so I guess I can start the medicines as soon as they come and monitor myself every 3months. Once I receive the meds I will be placing another order for 6months . I don’t wanna get stuck then as in Africa we face a lot of problems from customs and revenue authorities. Thank you for helping me, now I have hope. 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service