I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927818

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

THANK YOU! Btw, Jags is a woman who obtained Topical Xeljanz for her son who has alopecia from that pharmacy. It is also the same pharmacy Dr. King is using for his Topical Xeljanz patients on the current trial. It costs around $330 for a 30 grm tube and they will ship it to your house. Maybe the insurance companies will be willing to cover this topical since its much less expensive. Even if you had to use 3-4 tubes a month, that would still be cheaper than the monthly price for the pills and safer too! Or maybe some type of cream/pill combo would be more effective depending on individual "resistant" spots.

I don't need a prescription at any pharmacy, or specifically not need one at this pharmacy?

If I arrive Thursday evening in Turkey, that should leave me enough time, right?

I will ask about topical xeljanz yeah.

to any pharmacy, anyways i was going to send you the details of the pharmacy i normally buy from, in case you wanted to be more certain, i sent you a friend request but still not accepted so i cannot.

Ask them if with only the formula would be enough to make it, and an estimate of the price

you will have enough time going on Thursday. Going Friday morning to the pharmacy you'll get the pills before 6pm the same day.

I've accepted the friend request.

Hey there.,  Im in the early planning stages of going to Turkey as well.  I would love to keep in touch to share experiences.  My son Billy is 13 and AU for 2 1/2 years.

Hello xeljanzmuracle
I'm sending friend request plz accept it
Ok Sara, I will. Thanks

How can I get Xeljanz in Swiss? 

Is anyone willing to send me Xeljanz, I got no money bruh.

Hey The Flyest, I got your online message and your gift. Thank you so much! Yes, there is Topical Xeljanz available but not on the public market. Go back and read the messages on this thread from the last couple of days about the compounding pharmacy that makes individual prescriptions on doctor's ordersg. Dr. Who is checking on Xeljanz in Switzerland. He will get back to us after he gets more info. You can get free Xeljanz, but you need to come to the U.S. to get it thru Pfizer's co-pay card discount.

For real? Only if I come to US I can get it for free? So I was reading the posts behind... and I dont get it. Where do I get the co-pay card. Can you guide me

If you come to the US you can get 12,000 worth of the medicine for free. I am not sure of the exact price now but I believe the price is around 3000 for a one month supply. But unfortunately after that copay card you will have to pay out of pocket or go somewhere else to get it a cheaper price.
The Flyest, go back and read the posts from yesterday, last night and this morning to Aurora Sophie and Ujjain.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service