I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927820

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi SpO6 very happy for you.I have a question had AA for 5 years never lost all my hair and 3 years ago 60 percent grew back fell out again and now have about 30 percent.My question is I have been on xeljanz for 10 months for 5 months 3 xeljanz and 2 plaquenil even started using the cream and no growth at all should I give up or is there something else I can try.Thanks
I asked Dr King that last visit. He took a deep breath (made me a bit nervous); got interrupted and never answered. I will ask him again next month.
Oh yes!!!
Can you please ask if any one plans to test Topical Jak on patients who suffer with androgenetic alopecia any time soon? I am networking with teenage female and males with this. Dr. King did state this is a strong possibility. Please?!

Please find out if anyone is having response to that 2% topical xeljanz alone without taking oral. If so, how long does it typically take to get response.

Sp 06 we would like all world's dermatologist doctors
Admit it Xelijanz.
and we want to show all people our Results .
No steroid No injections No worrid

Right !!!
Also the price it's really
expensive for us think about it
I would say Xelijanz killed Alopeica ,
Has anyone stopped taking xeljanz and continued to grow hair ?

i wonder if we will develop immunity to xeljenz after 2-3 years of using it..if i use i will cycle it ..2 month on 2 month off  or 1 month off .:(

I'm so excited I will meet the dermatology in Dubai next week,
but the doctor said in the fist I will give you
1 pill for Tow months!however I have AA
and Eyelash / Eyebrows Are Gone
Do you think all it's good step?
or I have to take 2 pills
please
thankful For All
sultan -Dubai
Can you ask him what think about vitamin d in our patology? i read a lot of interesting things about vitamin d.
Can you ask him what think about vitamin d in our patology? i read a lot of interesting things about vitamin d.
Nicolas how are you ?
you think that Vitamin D
it may help for Alopecia add with
Xelijanz !

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service