I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927442

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The question is did the person selling the extra pills pay for them or were they free?
No they have got them free.
I agree some people are trying to benefit from getting there free pills who are trying to sell them off and are exposing us alopecians as they know where desperate. If you ask me these people are worse than these greedy pharmaceutical companies!

Well said, Singh! So many people are already trying to make money out of us, without any results (I have spent so much money on alternative treatments, that in the end proved to be just 'money-making business'. Some people have been amongst the lucky ones to be part of the X trial. It would adorn them if they would share it with the 'less lucky' ones.

It's sad that people who also suffer from alopecia and know how we feel just think about profit too. I would say just hang tight as there are a few more jak inhabitors coming to market real soon and cheaper too and also xeljanz will have to drop its price to stay with the competition and also a company will approve jak inhabitors for Alopecia and I have also seen stem cells really coming through so that might be our cure. So stay strong Dolly.
Where do you live Dolly? You don't have to be in a trial to get free or discounted Xeljanz if you are in the U.S. But is your form of alopecia autoimmune? Xeljanz only works if it is.

Wow. What bothers me is that I bust my hump working and I can't afford Xeljanz. Then there are others who apparently don't work and live off "the system". They get Xeljanz for free! Can you see why we have so much anger and such a divided country. THEN, I read about "somebody" who gets this drug for free and sells it at a 100% profit! Then make a joke about it!!!! I'm sure they don't claim that income....that way, why go get a job!  Really sad. TAKERS win again...whoever does this should realize they manipulate the system and people who really need help lose benefits because of their actions. It's called fraud!  NOTHINGS free, the rest of us work so you can do nothing....and benefit.

Excuse me ? I work and still get xeljanz for free . You go on their website and download the copay card.
Nick, did you apply for the Hardship Program? Or did you download the co-pay card and get the free $12,000 per year? (4 month's worth). I have been helping people on this forum for 8 months, repeating the same information over and over. But many won't even make ONE phone call to Xelsource (855-493-5526) to find out what their discounted or free options are. For those that haven't called, stop ASSUMING you won't qualify based on your income. They take into consideration your EXPENSES too. We all know that you can work like a dog and still be "poor" when it comes to disposable income after our rent, groceries and other bills. People in other countries email me almost daily begging for help, wishing they lived in the U.S. so they could use the discount programs here. So those that are here should definitely make an EFFORT to help themselves. The application is only 2 short pages. One for the patient and one for your doctor to fill out. You mail it back with proof of income and a letter from your insurance company saying they deny coverage. If you don't have any type of insurance, so much the better and faster for them to accommodate you.

I live in the Netherlands. X isn't available here (yet) and probably won't be for a long time. Yes, my AA is autoimmune. I have the Ophiasis pattern.

I can see if someone bought the pills and they did not work for them and they are trying to sell them to recoup some money. However if someone got them for free, then is selling them for 100% profit, that is not right.

Perhaps names in a lottery system to get the pills free from the person would be a way for someone to benefit instead of just discarding pills.

My question never was answered if the person paid for the pills or got them for free.

I think the person in question is avoiding your question as you make a 100% valid point.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service