I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927426

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello, I would like to know please, if a person can inform me how to get xeljanz in Turkey, where, how, and how much does it cost? Thank you in advance for your answers. Sorry for my English. (Google Translate).

====== List of pharmacies in Istanbul that people have mentioned that they provide Xeljanz========
AYASOFYA ECZANESİ
(0212) 513 72 15 - 16
www.ayasofyaeczanesi.com
DİVANYOLU CAD. NO:26 / B / SULTANAHMET
Alemdar Mh., 34110 Istanbu

Rebul 1895 ,Pharmacy ( this is the pharmacies name)
Isticklal Cadessi Meselik Sokak NO: 3/B (street)
Beyoglu- Istanbul (part of Istanbul, sector)
+90 212 2436936 (pharmacy)
+90 542 2793201 (pharmacist Kerim his mobilnumber)
www.rebul1895eczane.com
Kerim Müderrisoglu
(Fransız Konsolosluğu Karşısı) No:3-B
Beyoğlu - İstanbul
Telefon: 444 12 58 ,
0212 243 69 36 , 0212 251 31 42
Mobil: 0530 902 51 91
rebuleczanesi@hotmail.com
https://www.rebuleczanesi.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pg/rebuleczanesi/about/?ref=page_internal

Barbaros Bulvar
Cihannuma Mahallesi, Barbaros Bulvari, 47, Besiktas, Istanbul
+90 (212) 327-85-48
BERİN ECZANESİ
Kartaltepe Mahallesi Muradım Sokak 1/a Kartaltepe

FULYA Eczanesi
Teşvikiye Caddesi, İsmet Apartmanı, No 131/A, Nişantaşı
Istanbul, Turkey
+90 212 241 12 62
fulyaecz@yahoo.com
KONAK ECZANESİ
(0212) 240 68 52
CUMHURİYET CAD. NO:77 / A / ELMADAĞ

ONUR ECZANESİ
VALİ KONAĞI CAD. BÜYÜKÇİFTLİK SOK. NO:6 / NİŞANTAŞI
ŞİŞLİ / İSTANBUL
Şirket Adı : ONUR ECZANESİ
Telefon numarası : (0212) 247 57 39
VALİ KONAĞI CAD. BÜYÜKÇİFTLİK SOK. NO:6 / NİŞANTAŞI

thanks a lot for your quick response is well detailed. Do you know how much is a box of xeljanz in Turkey? Thank you

Salut je suis français aussi. J'ai étés le 16 février 2018 à Istanbul la pharmacie rebul 1875. C'est 425 euro la boîte. Par contre fais attention au retour en France je te conseille de demander à ton dermatologue de faire un mot comme quoi tu es en traitement sur xeljanz pour que la douane ne te bloque pas. J'ai ramène 3 boîte j'ai eu la chance de ne pas me faire fouillé. Je vais retourner fin avril je vais ramener 6 boîte mais la j'ai le mot de mon dermatologue. Si tu veux que je donne le numéro mobile du frère du pharmacien il parle français si tu veux plus de renseignements. Premièrement va voir un dermatologue qui accepte de faire le mot et qu'il te suive . j'ai un suivi sanguins tous les mois.

Merci Kevin pour ta réponse  

Je veut bien le numéro de téléphone stp, si tu peux me l'envoyer en message privé.

Mon dermatologue est au courant que je suis intéressé par xeljanz  et il est d'accord pour me suivre.

Encore merci. 

Comment s'appel ton médecin ?? Stp

Hi guys, I'm 11 weeks on Xeljanz. Things are slowing down a bit and my doctor just upped my dosage to 16mg she said I could stay on my current dosage just would take longer and that the results either way we're extremely quick, but the plan is to be on 16mg and once everything fills in drop down to 11mg since that works for me, just that the final spots are being a bit annoying. 

Attachments:

Really I am very happy for you for this great progress

All the best

hi after 1 month and a half to 10mg a day. what do you think is going fast or slowly or normally am I at the right pace I see some hairs on the pubic torso

Attachments:

Attachments:

Looks really good, I'm in 2 months and 1 week and for now all blonde and fluffy 

Attachments:

That's how I started too. It took around two months from the stage you are at to having full coverage. Very encouraging!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service