I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927442

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi I’m just wondering how did they ship it to you. Did it make it through customs or did you have handle the customs part?

Hi Carlie I’m in NJ. Did you have to do anything  about customs or did you just place the order and it was shipped your home.

I have two sources, one is a bit more expensive than Beacon but very reliable so I order from both. I usually order enough for at least 6 months but if I receive these orders alright I will order again right away. it seems like big Pharma wants every penny they can get and who knows when they will cut off our affordable source. I will keep you posted. My other source did say that EMS has been loosing a lot of its packages so he recommended DHL for shipping. 

Can you friend request me I would love to chat if it’s ok!

Can you give us your sources? I would like to order.

Thanks. 

I will probably have to stop taking my medication for a few weeks or maybe months. I am most likely going in for a spinal fusion in December/January.

If anyone had a major operation please let me know, I am interested how it went and how long you had to be off the meds.

hi i have been taking tofacinix since 2018 i had meniscus knee surgery i stopped the medication 1 day before the operation and resumed 2 days after, i had no problem i don't think you need any stop the drug for a month if you have no constraints after the operation.
good luck.
how does your cholesterol behave you managed to lower it?

My LDL is still terrible but my HDL and Triglycerides are still amazing. Almost Athlete levels. My doctor isn't too concerned because of that alone. 

Xeljanz 20mg

June 2021

HDL 75 
Trig 61 
LDL 194
Chol Ratio 3.7

June 2020 

Xeljanz 20mg
LDL was 212,
HDL 59,
Trig 79. 
Ratio 4.9

October 2019

Xeljanz 15mg a day

LDL 144
Trig 78
HDL 69
Chol Ratio 3.3

I think this was an outlier because even when I was on 15mg my cholesterol was always higher than that. Unless it's because I do keto.. I wasn't doing Keto when I did that blood test.

great so can lower cholesterol even while on medication,
can you tell me your diet? I read that red yeast rice lowers cholesterol, I am not Overweight,
I do not drink alcohol do not smoke I exercise but I eat all but reasonably well I am young in good health 33 years old

For 3 months I have been taking baracitinib 4mg of beacon and I do not see a difference in regrowth but I feel in better shape.

My diet changes from Keto to the diet of eating anything. I am the same age as you too.

My diet is always calorie counting though. I will eat anything as long as I am under a certain amount of calories if that makes sense?

Keto-- Red meat, vegetables, dairy, coffee. No carbs (rice/bread)

I will go off keto every once and awhile, and eat anything. I still try to stay away from breads/fried food (will eat them sometimes) and stick to wholegrains...

I've made to orders to India for my tofib. One from Beacon who just sent me the EMS tracking information. The second order from another source sent me tracking info from DHL. I paid my private source through PayPal so the order was processed the next day which was Monday the, it says delivery by the 9th! We'll see what happens. My private source said EMS has been unreliable lately. Beacon asked that I let them know when I receive my order, so they must be keeping track. I will keep everyone posted.

Order is arriving tomorrow, DHL tracking. It took 10 days.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service