I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927442

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Carrie. 
Could I kindly ask you to share your contact who advised DHL.  ? 
I have recently had a big delay on my beacon pharmacy order via EMS and my beacon contact seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth. (2 weeks of ignored emails) 

If you’d prefer to pm me please do so too. 
Regards 

Hi All,

Does topical Rogaine help thicken the hair if one is already taking Xeljanz?  Can anybody who has done or doing this please reply. Thank you.

Yes

I’m currently experimenting with 5% Rogaine foam. My dose is daily 12.6mg (3 beacon pills per day) . I’ve been using the foam 10 days now. It’ll be approx 8 weeks before I can judge the results. 
Ive been using xeljanz approx 26 months now. I’ve went from universalis to full Re growth (full regrown hair 3 months after starting back in August 2019) 

The rogaine experiment is to try and thicken my front and top scalp some more and is purely cosmetic as I’m overwhelmingly pleased to have regrown my eyebrows, body hair , beard etc. 
I will update in 6 weeks approx to give my assessment of the results to that point. 

What is the address of the company Beacon or some where to order from?

Follow this link 

https://www.beaconmedicare.com.bd

This is the link at the bottom of my email correspondence with my rep of 28 months communication so it’s completely legitimate and up to date. 

hello it is no longer possible to transfer money with transfer wise to pay beacon, transferwise blocks transfers. Do you have the same problem ?
baracitinib will apply for approval for alopecia at the end of 2021 all phases have been validated.

i used transferwise last september i had no problems, try to change transfer bank, next month i will try to place an order at the beacon, i hope i have no problems

Just to let everyone, both of my shipments have made it through customs in record time. If the tracking information is correct, the EMS order and DHL should arrive tomorrow. 

So happy for you. I placed another order hoping I get this one. I will keep you posted.

Can you please share where to purchase? URL would be great. Thanks in advance

Heads up . EMS from India to the UK is ordinarily 10-18 days. My latest order took 5 and a half weeks. Thankfully this latest beacon order arrived and will see me through to January. I was down to low dose of half a pill per day for 2 weeks due to the delay and caused noticeable regress in my regrown hair condition. (Usually 2.5 pills per day) 

If anyone’s running low on pills order WELL in advance as delays and upheaval in worldwide delivery transit times are only going to get worse in the coming months. 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service