Acceptance and coping (836)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

27 and covered up

Well, here it goes. The support. This is my first post--first public discussion.. I have determined, after having Alopecia since I was 4 -…

Started by Emily Naples

82 Aug 10, 2011
Reply by Liz

"If Your Hair Falls Out, Keep Dancing!" My new book is available now!

Hooray! I'm excited! To order advance copies, go to: http://www.nightengalepress.biz/store/customer/product.php?productid=16203&cat=25

Started by LeslieAnn Butler

6 Aug 6, 2011
Reply by LeslieAnn Butler

I've got alopecia...now what?

Hello everybody, I was diagnosed (well, simply told) that I have alopecia areatra about two weeks ago. A bald patch, about the size of two…

Started by AJ

13 Aug 4, 2011
Reply by AJ

I'm 25 years old, and I have cicatricial alopecia

Hi everyone, I've has psoriasis on my scalp since i was about 11 years old. It's pretty severe, and only ever seems to go away when i'm pr…

Started by Dee

10 Aug 4, 2011
Reply by Dee

Can someone say it's all gonna be okay?

Well I feel sick and really panic stricken yesterday I finally shaved my head I thought I was okay with it ready even but no I feel trapped…

Started by Dana

58 Aug 2, 2011
Reply by Dana

I outed myself as having alopecia on Facebook

After being inspired by so many people's bravery and acceptance on this site I finally plucked up the courage to share a little of my exper…

Started by Lorna

28 Jul 26, 2011
Reply by Lorna

Omg! My brother just outed me on Facebook!

Thanks jerk for the photos of me bald and tagged so all my friends, coworkers. acquaintances can see. I wanted to tell them when I was read…

Started by Jasmine

71 Jul 26, 2011
Reply by Cindie

First bald outing

On Friday, I needed to go shopping. I live in France on the border of Germany and Switzerland and generally go shopping in Germany (cheaper…

Started by Fidgety

6 Jul 22, 2011
Reply by PaulJ

Need advice on coping

Dear all, I have been reading the discussion for sometime, but never put my discussion here at all. I myself do not have alopecia, but my…

Started by Amily

9 Jul 15, 2011
Reply by Greg

Covered up for almost 40 years...

I first got Alopecia Areata in the 4th grade and it progressed to total hair loss by the time I was 15. in 1970. In the few years prior, wh…

Started by Mark S. Hansen

2 Jul 10, 2011
Reply by Rose Marie'

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service