Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Kenalog injections

Hey. So I went to the doctor on the weekend. Just a usual walk in clinic thing I wanted to get medicine for. And then he started asking me…

Started by Erika

3 Feb 12, 2014
Reply by Lori Van Decker

DCP at only 9 years old ?- all input needed please

My daughter who has only had Alopecia since April, has seen a dermatologist and been recommened for DCP treatment. I am after all input as…

Started by Me&myGirl_Aussie

12 Feb 12, 2014
Reply by Heidi

To treat or not to treat?

My dermatologist has explained to me a lot of the treatments are about 25% chance of working. With every treatment there is a chance of sid…

Started by Manuela

1 Feb 11, 2014
Reply by Rose Marie'

Steroid injections

I also had these injections on and off over a period of twenty years ,I found my hair grew back in the area that was injected only to fall…

Started by glenda collie

3 Feb 11, 2014
Reply by Ines

New Herbal Treatment that has worked here in Australia!!!

Hi All, It's Lisa form Australia. I am so excited...I just watched a program here in Australia where a young girl got all of her hair back…

Started by Lisa M

18 Feb 10, 2014
Reply by Franklin

Hair texture and pattern of hair tissue

I've read that hair texture changes is common with AA. Going from smooth to really rough and coarse. Has that gotten better for anyone - ha…

Started by Epo

0 Feb 7, 2014

New to this. How do I know if I'm AA or AU?

I've had mild vitiligo for years and about a year ago started losing my facial hair....Spots on the chin and under my lip slowly grew and t…

Started by Schocker

5 Feb 2, 2014
Reply by Lisa Santer

Cortisone injections

Hi there, ive had alopecia for close to 2 yrs. Spots forming and closing up but the cycle not stopping. Doc has advised that cortisone inje…

Started by roxy

4 Jan 30, 2014
Reply by Pam

PUVA advice

I used to have complete totalis and had PUVA treatment amongst other things but nothing worked, after 2 years my hair has started to grow b…

Started by Emily

0 Jan 30, 2014

Sunscreen for the head

Hi Alopecia Friends: I wear bandanas or head scarves to cover my scalp.  Does anyone have a suggestion for sun screen that can be worn unde…

Started by Brandy

1 Jan 30, 2014
Reply by CindyG

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service