Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How many people with AA, AT or AU are anemic?

How many have or have had anemia? Did iron help stop the alopecia? Or did it not make any difference? If it made a difference, how long d…

Started by Fizza

9 Jan 15, 2014
Reply by Me

New to AA - where to begin?

Hi everyone. I am new to this. I was just diagnosed with Alopecia Areata. In August I got one small patch and had no idea. Right maybe my h…

Started by Leisa

22 Jan 14, 2014
Reply by Workingonthezen

Vitamins helpful or not?

hi my name is sian my 11 year old has just been diagnosed with alopecia areata...i am wondering about supplements...i have her on fish oil…

Started by sian

1 Jan 14, 2014
Reply by skyboy

Looking for patients with patchy alopecia areata

Columbia University is presently doing a clinical trial for people with patchy type alopecia areata. Criteria is for 18-75 yr old, patchy t…

Started by Jennifer goldberg

0 Jan 14, 2014

Natural remedies?

Has anyone ever tried these for hair strength and growth?: Biotin Evening Primrose

Started by youarebeautiful

39 Jan 13, 2014
Reply by Jane

Squaric acid

Hello! I am new to this site but have had alopecia areata on and off for 5 years. I kept it under control with cortisone injections for ab…

Started by Julie

6 Jan 13, 2014
Reply by Jason

Can diet really cure alopecia (particularly androgenetic alopecia)?

Here's the story: all my sisters have androgenetic alopecia, and I was the last one to get it since I was the youngest of all of us. Howeve…

Started by Lilac

3 Jan 13, 2014
Reply by Debbie

Is pregnancy a trigger?

First of all, I am very happy to have found a community of people who can relate to what I'm going through! I just came across this site to…

Started by Victoria

1 Jan 11, 2014
Reply by lcord

AA and diffuse AA

I was recently diagnosed with AA and Diffuse AA. I am losing my eyelashes and eyebrows too. Does this mean that I am going to lose all my h…

Started by Workingonthezen

2 Jan 11, 2014
Reply by Epo

Biotin

Anyone tried Biotin?

Started by Me

5 Jan 11, 2014
Reply by Tovah

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service