Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

how do you know it is diffuseaa

Hi i had aa about 2 years ago it went from a band in thr front to diffuse but i did take cortisteroids and it went in remmssion i had a lit…

Started by gina

0 Mar 26, 2009

cortisone shots

Hey there. So i've been getting cortisone shots for about seven months now. Yesterday I went for my appointment and today I found a small l…

Started by claudine

3 Mar 25, 2009
Reply by Tnabugg

Endocrinologist?

Has anybody seen an endocrinologist to deal with this? I am currently seeing a dermatologist and acupuncturist, and my chiropractor recomme…

Started by Aimee

7 Mar 23, 2009
Reply by Mukti

The National Alopecia Registry: To Track Persons With AA or Find a Cure?

Soooooo, I filled out all of the paperwork for the registry for both kids and mailed it in. Next, I received emails regarding taking each k…

Started by Lynn AKA Mom of 2 w/AA

18 Mar 23, 2009
Reply by BaldGirlsDoLunch.org

Mad at the doctors

Went to make an appt with the dermatologist and as soon as I told the receptionist I had alopecia, she immediately interupted me to say, "w…

Started by Char

7 Mar 18, 2009
Reply by BaldGirlsDoLunch.org

Alopecia Totalis Onset at Midlife

Hello Everyone! My onset of alopecia began after 40. I'm curious if there is anyone in our wonderful community who has a similar pathology…

Started by Galena

8 Mar 16, 2009
Reply by Mary

Chinese Therapy

Hi Just wondering if anyone has had any success with suction cups, I've just taken my daughter to a chinese tharapist who is supposed to be…

Started by donna

4 Mar 13, 2009
Reply by donna

Pain

This is the third time in my life that I've started losing my hair. But this is the first time where my patches of baldness physically hurt…

Started by Sarah Jane

4 Mar 12, 2009
Reply by Eileen Simpson

Scalp rash?

Does anyone else get a red, irritated scalp with AA? I have gone from total hair loss on my scalp to some fuzzy patches growing now, but de…

Started by Karina Louise

4 Mar 12, 2009
Reply by Char

Has anyone heard about or been treated with Amevive?

Hi. I am new here but I was wondering if anyone had heard of Amevive? My dermatologist mentioned it to me about 6 months ago and was trying…

Started by Yuko

2 Mar 10, 2009
Reply by Yuko

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service