Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

what should I think?

Hiya everyone - I am getting so over everyone's advice and opinions. Am I wrong in just believing my doctor when he says there is nothing I…

Started by Karen

8 Nov 28, 2008
Reply by Mukti

Help - newly diagnosed with androgenetic alopecia and don't know what to do

For the last 3 months I have been losing my hair at a very rapid rate - in total I have lost 50% of my hair (used to be very thick and full…

Started by Amy

2 Nov 22, 2008
Reply by Gill

Mono?

I was just wondering if anyone else was diagnosed with alopecia after having mono? To this day mom my swears that my immune system was "fin…

Started by Kelli

13 Nov 19, 2008
Reply by Lee

signs before regrowth??!?!

are there any signs of regrowth without seeing it? like maybe an itching feeling? or am i looking far too much into it LOL. x

Started by Nick

3 Nov 18, 2008
Reply by jackieduck

Hair today gone tomz!

Well think "hair" we go again!! Not sure but scalp really playing up something rotten, scale and itching which means somethings happening a…

Started by jackieduck

2 Nov 18, 2008
Reply by jackieduck

Genetics

I was wondering how many alopecians out here have direct family members with alopecia. I have had alopecia since I was 4 years old but no o…

Started by Dame

15 Nov 17, 2008
Reply by Mukti

Cure for baldness?

Bald is beautiful to some, but not to all. Here's an MSNBC report for those interested in possible future treatment options. Your comments…

Started by rj, Co-founder

10 Nov 11, 2008
Reply by Raph-Paris

Does anyone with AA have a sibling who also has AA?

I've read that it is rare for a person with AA to have a sibling with AA. I'm just wondering if it is really that rare?

Started by Lynn AKA Mom of 2 w/AA

2 Nov 4, 2008
Reply by Lynn AKA Mom of 2 w/AA

Has anyone heard of this study...

"The use of Methotrexate alone or in combination with low doses of oral corticosteroid in treatment of Alopecia Totalis or Universalis" Stu…

Started by Craig

16 Oct 30, 2008
Reply by Billie

Hrt

Does anyone know if hrt premique will help thinning hair

Started by karin

0 Oct 29, 2008

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service