Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"making a wig"

My very sweet nephew grew his hair really long, cut it, and is sending me his beautiful locks (it is just like how my hair was)! So I am tr…

Started by Helen Bunch in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

4 Jun 23, 2009
Reply by Helen Bunch

alopecia areata episodes possibly triggered by other illness?

I am writing this post to see if anyone has had a similar experience to me. I am going to put myself out there in the effort to find out if…

Started by dollydreadful in Symptoms, treatment options, research

14 Jun 23, 2009
Reply by dollydreadful

Hair Regrowing but tingling sensation

Guys/Gals, My hair is regrowing, albeit slowly but, regrowing nonetheless. I feel the occasional tingling or burning sensation where it is…

Started by Yo soy in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 Jun 22, 2009

Frequency of shampooing?

I bought a halo wig (that you have to wear with a hat) about 2 weeks ago. I have only worn it twice and keep it in a box. How often do you…

Started by Aimee in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

1 Jun 21, 2009
Reply by Rose Marie'

Second opinion

Well, we had Miss O at another Dr the other day. He was all about covering it up..I wasn't pleased. I asked him what was the big deal? He s…

Started by Sybil in Children with alopecia

1 Jun 21, 2009
Reply by Cindy

stages of grief...

How do we get "there"... I know most of you have gone through these things before, but I just now am facing them. I've been doing a lot of…

Started by Magan in Acceptance and coping

8 Jun 19, 2009
Reply by Mary

HAIR ISNT EVERYTHING

ITS FUNNY HOW PEOPLE CONTINUOUSLY MAKE FUN OF ME. I DONT THINK IT IS FUNNY THAT I AM BALD. I GUARANTEED YOU TODAY OR TOMORROW IF GIRL WAS T…

Started by Danielle Oden in Acceptance and coping

4 Jun 19, 2009
Reply by Tony

I'm new.. and it's late but w/e

So it's 3:47AM (EST)... can't sleep, been googlin random stuff for the past 3 hours, and decided to look around for other people with alope…

Started by Breeze E in Acceptance and coping

0 Jun 19, 2009

medications

Has any person with Alopecia Uni ever had regrowth? Has anyone taken methatrexate? Any regrowth with the cortisone shots? Are there any wom…

Started by Andrea Wasserman in Symptoms, treatment options, research

7 Jun 18, 2009
Reply by Brandy Snap

White furry stuff growing out of my head!!!! WHAT?@!?

Okay.. So for about 5-6 months I have had this white little hairs growing out of my head.. I mean it looks quite furry and its all over.. W…

Started by Zoey in Bald is beautiful, head shaving, etc.

41 Jun 18, 2009
Reply by lynne

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service