Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Lucky to have Alopecia and not cancer ??

I’ve had some type of alopecia for at least 30 years.  I have heard so many comments from people. There is one that I just can’t wrap my he…

Started by Laura in Acceptance and coping

12 Mar 21, 2023
Reply by Solange De Santis

Woman with alopecia appears at London Fashion Week

"A woman with alopecia has said she hopes her appearance at London Fashion Week will be an inspiration to others." According to the articl…

Started by Cheryl, Co-founder in Events, publications, promoting awareness

1 Feb 27, 2023
Reply by Pat

Anyone in South Carolina? Want to join a support group?

Hello everyone. My name is Simone. I was diagnosed with alopecia areata 32 years ago. In the meantime, I had alopecia universalis for 16 ye…

Started by Xeljanz2015 in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 Feb 26, 2023

Wig for swimming?

Does anyone have information about a wig that can be used for swimming for a 13 year old girl? She wants to swim this summer but wants a wi…

Started by Jackm in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

1 May 22, 2023
Reply by Emily

Any info about German stem cell therapy solution offered by Niostem?

Hello friends, I’ve been following this German company Niostem for around 2 years as it came out of a tech accelerator in Berlin. My hair l…

Started by Mike_Woz in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 Feb 8, 2023

I want info and general advice

Hello, I've heard there is a lady with a program called Alopecia Angel, and it seems to have legit reviews. But, i'd like to hear from any…

Started by Nany Queen in Symptoms, treatment options, research

4 Jan 9
Reply by Apple

Olumiant and what to ask my doctor?

Hi all, Im looking for a bit of advice as to what to ask my doctor. I finally got a doctor's appointment (I'm living in Germany) and now th…

Started by babashanti in Symptoms, treatment options, research

54 Jun 28, 2023
Reply by SabineTawni

low dose oral minoxidil

I read an article in the New York Times about using low dose oral minoxidil for hair loss. Asked my dermatologist about it and after a cou…

Started by Fanny in Symptoms, treatment options, research

1 Mar 11
Reply by JMD3131

Non slip material

I'm wondering what product people use to help keep your wig in place.  I used to be able to buy a product called Dermafix that I would sew…

Started by lsjred in Symptoms, treatment options, research

3 Feb 6, 2023
Reply by Alo-mom

Recommendations or Best quality FULL LACE Human hair wigs

HI All...i have had AU for over 50 years...i am still trying to find the best place to buy quailty FULL Lace wigs...Not lace front...any re…

Started by phone201 in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

0 Jan 6, 2023

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service