Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Men and permanent makeup?

Hey=) I have had AA for 10 years now, and one of the first things i started to loose where my brows. Now im 22 years old and i have almost…

Started by Oddzen in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

27 Jan 3, 2013
Reply by Oddzen

Skilled barber in New York accustomed to hair loss clients?

Does anyone know of any skilled barbers that can do a close cut without causing irritation and shaving bumps to the scalp; preferably a bar…

Started by D. Brown in Bald is beautiful, head shaving, etc.

0 Mar 16, 2011

How to make a synthetic wig look more natural

Anybody out there have any ideas/suggestions of how to get the top "poofy" crown area of a synthetic wig to lay flat or flatter on your hea…

Started by Lexi in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

4 Mar 16, 2011
Reply by Lexi

How do you tell your children about your alopecia?

Hi. I've had AU for 13 years but am now the very happy mother of an 11-month-old. I'm a runner and often go without my wig around the neigh…

Started by Eva in Acceptance and coping

10 Mar 24, 2011
Reply by Daniela Nikova

My 7 y/o is balding quickly!

Hello, everyone. I am new to this, and am hoping to get a lil more info and some help about ALopecia.. About 9 months ago, my 7 y/o daughte…

Started by charlene williams in Children with alopecia

8 Feb 27, 2014
Reply by Wendy

Red blotches starting to show up, why?

My Alopecia "ophiasis" is progressing and I've just noticed red blotches showing up on my forehead, cheeks and lower neck, and I feel flush…

Started by Dave in Symptoms, treatment options, research

12 Mar 21, 2011
Reply by Cari

Human hair wig that won't break the bank!

I purchased a Gripper a couple of months ago. I love it but it was 4K and I can't afford another one. My insurance does not cover it and I…

Started by Brandy in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

12 Apr 19, 2011
Reply by Noel

Get Growing - Tea

Hi everyone, I've been drinking this tea for the last two months and noticed that I suddenly have white fuzz growing on my head again afte…

Started by Andrea L. in Symptoms, treatment options, research

3 Mar 11, 2011
Reply by JeffreySF

Hats with wigs connected

So I'm not a huge wig person, but I thought it could be cool to change up my style every once in a while. On "baby let your hair hang down"…

Started by Tamara in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

4 Jun 16, 2011
Reply by Sophie M

Rogaine + Itch/ Burning = Hair loss (Good bye Rogaine!)

Rogaine 5% made my scalp itch and burn really bad. In less then a week my hair started to shed again. What is your experience with rogaine?…

Started by Angie in Symptoms, treatment options, research

7 Sep 30, 2012
Reply by bibby

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service