Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Hollywood lace, hair direct, toplace, coolpiece, etc????? Please help:)

I am a 44 year old female, recently diagnosed with alopecia. My hair has gotten progressively thinner and finer, and finally decided to go…

Started by haley klein in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

4 Feb 12, 2011
Reply by LeslieAnn Butler

True acceptance?

I am realising (perhaps with the most recent gradual disappearance of eyelashes and eyebrows that I don't fully or truly accept my alopecia…

Started by Lorna in Acceptance and coping

34 Feb 9, 2011
Reply by Lorna

What do you wear to the gym?

Hi, just wondering what people on this forum wear to the gym? I wore my synthetic wig with a low ponytail the other day and it was too hot.…

Started by Andrea L. in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

8 Feb 23, 2011
Reply by Kirstin Traylor

Eyelashes and eyebrows gone!

Ok this AA has gone to freakn far! I noticed "empty" spots on one eye earlier and didn't think much about it. Today I have eyelashes on onl…

Started by Barbara Fowlks in Acceptance and coping

17 Jul 22, 2013
Reply by Jonathan

Being young

Im 15 and i was diagnosed with alopecia areata right before i turned 15. Its hard dealing with it now because it reached the part where i h…

Started by Arieana Dawson in Acceptance and coping

8 Feb 6, 2011
Reply by Arieana Dawson

Has anyone become "resistant" to DPCP?

I have successfully managed my alopecia with DPCP for 15 years. Prior to using DPCP, I lost all of my hair from the age of 15-22. Now, 37,…

Started by Merlin in Symptoms, treatment options, research

10 Nov 14, 2013
Reply by Jason

Feel embarrassed and ashamed

Hi all, Theoretically I haven't been diagnosed with alopecia but my hair started to fall out 3 weeks before the birth of my 2nd son and now…

Started by Nicola Valerie Collyer in Acceptance and coping

6 Feb 3, 2011
Reply by Chefpam

I'm not an angry person

I have never been an angry person in my life. I was always easy to get along with and make friends. I would jump at opportunity and loved s…

Started by Chefpam in Acceptance and coping

15 Feb 3, 2011
Reply by Karen Smith

Help Naming Fashion Show Event

Currently I'm putting together a fashion show event for June and I'm trying to think of a catchy name and slogan type for the show. The one…

Started by Stephanie in Events, publications, promoting awareness

11 Feb 25, 2011
Reply by Stephanie

hair styles

ive had alopecia for a few years now an this time has hit me bad i have the same hair style which i can everyday an wondered what you guys…

Started by lucey smith in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

2 Feb 1, 2011
Reply by Pat Latina

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service