Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

So, does a shaved head itch as hair grows in?

I have diffused thinning all over, but still have lots of hair, especially around the back of my head. I have started to think about buzzin…

Started by Kate in Bald is beautiful, head shaving, etc.

3 Aug 22, 2010
Reply by Carol

New growth

My daughter has been AU since October 2009 and we have just discovered new growth on the top of her head. She also has stubble on her legs…

Started by Karen Smith in Symptoms, treatment options, research

3 Aug 19, 2010
Reply by Karen Smith

Personal style

It seems to me since I shaved my head i'm more aware of my style, its seems that i'm a litte more edgy I'll take more risk, boarderline coc…

Started by Juwanda in Bald is beautiful, head shaving, etc.

4 Feb 23, 2011
Reply by Kirstin Traylor

Itchy head/eyebrows. What's next?

Does anyone know how long after the itching, it takes for the hairs to fall out? My whole head itches and I just keep thinking Im going to…

Started by Tamara in Symptoms, treatment options, research

1 Aug 20, 2010
Reply by Andrea L.

Using Anthralin Solution with Clobex Spray

I just went to the dermatologist today, first time in 6 years. My AA is out of control and I wanted to seek some help. I won't do shots so…

Started by Julia S in Symptoms, treatment options, research

3 Feb 29, 2012
Reply by Lesleigh

Securing your wig

I have a suggestion that has really worked for me. I hope to hear feedback and suggestions. I wear double sided tape along my hair line fro…

Started by Marilyn Baez in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

24 Sep 7, 2010
Reply by Ms.G

Alopecia and teenage boys

My 16 year old boy was recently diagnosed with Alpoecia. He had a very thick and beautiful head of hair before April. 2010 and not it is ve…

Started by Trish Richardson in Acceptance and coping

22 Jan 9, 2012
Reply by Trish Richardson

Prescribed medication for my 8 year old

The Dr. gave us fluocinolone acetonide topical solution to use on her. Just diagnose alopecia areata two weeks ago. Anyone have any experie…

Started by Supportive Mom in Children with alopecia

0 Aug 16, 2010

I feel terrible for my 7 year old daughter

My daughter Amanda is 7, and she's had AA for almost a year. At first she only got 3 patches that's it. Her AA now is really aggressive, sh…

Started by Evelyn (Amanda's Mom) in Children with alopecia

5 Aug 17, 2010
Reply by Steph

New to this through my daughter

She was just diagnosed two weeks ago. She has been losing her hair for about a month. I am seeing regrowth already. Is this a good sign. Th…

Started by Supportive Mom in Children with alopecia

3 Aug 16, 2010
Reply by Benjamin Tyler Vadnais

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service