Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Spiritual Healing

So, I have had alopecia areata for a few years now. I have been on methotrexate, which did work, but I decided to stop taking it due to all…

Started by Andrianna in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 Jan 3, 2023

Started by Thiscrazyjourney in Symptoms, treatment options, research

1 Jan 8, 2023
Reply by Joanne

Losing My Hairline and Recession Areas.....Need a Solution to Cover It. BANGS?

Hello, I'm going through my second time with losing my hair.  I first lost my hair due to chemotherapy for Stage III breast cancer when I…

Started by CLO in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 Dec 24, 2022

OLUMIANT Alopecia Community Watch – The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!

We have been hearing A LOT about the new FDA Approved Lilly and Incyte's OLUMIANT® (baricitinib) drug. We would like to start a discussion…

Started by Cheryl, Co-founder in Symptoms, treatment options, research

17 Feb 6, 2023
Reply by cgreens

Alopecia back after 6 years :(

I found a spot on the back of my head last week, then found another unfortunately. I haven’t found a spot in years and was pretty bummed to…

Started by chicoslo in Symptoms, treatment options, research

8 Jan 3, 2023
Reply by Alopeciaguy73

Do you wear a wig to blend in?

Many people wear hairpieces for many different reasons.  Such as to blend in, stand out, perhaps you are the type to who prior to alopecia,…

Started by Cheryl, Co-founder in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

27 Feb 7, 2023
Reply by Emmi

Best decision to micro blade

I debated for 2 years then finally did it. I made sure to see before and after pictures and choose someone that was the right fit for what…

Started by Meauxhair in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

0 Nov 28, 2022

Possible cause of male pattern hair loss: permanent, subliminal tension of facial and masticatory muscles as a consequence of a psychophysiological conditioning by interpersonal mimic interaction?

Theory: Due to a psychophysiological conditioning by interpersonal mimic interaction, a permanent tension of the facial musculature (mimic…

Started by user27041995 in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 Nov 26, 2022

Seeking high quality blonde bob topper without too much hair

Hi all. I am in the market for a topper with a fairly large base that is blonde with dark roots, does not have too much volume, and is cut…

Started by anni crofut in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

0 Nov 22, 2022

Alopecia sufferer rubbed onion on scalp in bid for hair growth - Crazy or try anything once?

"A woman who lost her hair to alopecia and rubbed onion on it to try and grow it back reveals she's finally embraced her condition. Nikita…

Started by Cheryl, Co-founder in Symptoms, treatment options, research

5 Dec 7, 2022
Reply by MD

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service