Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Wig Itch on the Face

Hi   I have a few wigs now (all synthetic),  Iv lined one with cotton sheeting to stop the head itching but its still irritating my face. …

Started by Patricia Hutchings in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

2 Mar 11, 2010
Reply by Patricia Hutchings

Hair loss got me a job!

Well as some may know I just started losing my hair within the past 6 months. I grew up with the condition and was kind of expecting to los…

Started by Michael Gutwein in Employment issues, workplace challenges

6 Mar 4, 2010
Reply by Sarah

Long Island Support Group

Upcoming meetings March 29th & May 3rd 7-9 Harborfields Library Greenlawn NY 11740

Started by margaret staib in Support groups, networking

0 Feb 23, 2010

Has there ever been a questionnaire by patients?

Its 6.20 am, Iv been awake since 5.10 with this idea.  Has there every been a comprehensive questionnaire by Alopecia sufferers?  What I me…

Started by Patricia Hutchings in Symptoms, treatment options, research

11 Apr 11, 2010

Cracked pots

This email was forwarded to me by a friend and I wanted to share it with all my friends here on Alopecia World:An elderly Chinese woman had…

Started by Cheryl, Co-founder in Just for fun, inspirational, motivational

9 Dec 19, 2019
Reply by Chandra Buzzanca

Alopecians in the UK - Help this young lady!

She states she feels like offing herself at times because of her alopecia. I sent her a link to Alopecia World, and subbed to her youtube c…

Started by Frank Pratt in Acceptance and coping

3 Feb 23, 2010
Reply by Clara S.

Are you unique in other ways besides having alopecia?

Do you feel different (not in a bad way) in other ways besides just having Alopecia?  Someone told me a while ago, that most people who hav…

Started by Ms. S in Other interests

8 Aug 17, 2010
Reply by Mjay

An art student's plea

Hi Everyone! If your reading this then thank you very much for your time!!   Can you help me?   I am an art student from Nottingham, UK. I…

Started by Lizzie in Events, publications, promoting awareness

4 Feb 12, 2019
Reply by Lianod754

Children Getting Connected

Hello, My 9 year old daughter would like to chat with other girls her age who have alopecia areata. She recently has lost a large area of h…

Started by Alyssa (barbara-mom) in Children with alopecia

8 Apr 27, 2010
Reply by Alyssa (barbara-mom)

Wig up dos, and playing with the wig

Does anyone here wear a long wig in pongy tails, plaits/braids etc?  Is there any specail way to do them?   I love long hair, and have orde…

Started by Patricia Hutchings in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

1 Feb 24, 2010

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service