Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Organizational Groups?

Does anyone know of any groups - medical organizations, etc that are into promoting Alopecia at a really organized level? Typically, this i…

Started by Annette Shuford in Events, publications, promoting awareness

5 Sep 16, 2009
Reply by Georgie

Will it get worse?

I'm 25. I started losing patches of hair 3 yrs ago. Some hair grows back fast while other patches tend to get really big and last a long ti…

Started by Janice M in Symptoms, treatment options, research

1 Sep 15, 2009
Reply by clare

Regrowth :)

So, I've been bald now for about a year and a half...but I've had some regrowth that actually hasn't fallen out and even grew more, in the…

Started by Jessica Lau in Just for fun, inspirational, motivational

7 Oct 9, 2009
Reply by Montoya Grant

Steroid Injections and Elevated Eye Pressure?

I recently went to the eye doctor for a routine exam, to renew my contact lens Rx and I was found to have higher than normal eye pressure.…

Started by Dominique Cleopatra in Other interests

1 Sep 12, 2009
Reply by Dominique Cleopatra

Wigs for kids

I'm trying to find different wigs and options for children with alopecia. Where are the best places to find them and what are some of the o…

Started by Annette Shuford in Children with alopecia

4 Oct 12, 2009
Reply by Annie

Shaving/Waxing

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me. I just received my freedom wig, which I love but I'm having some trouble. I have to have my h…

Started by Nancy in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

7 Nov 5, 2009
Reply by BaldGirlsDoLunch.org

Cortisone injection - getting pregnant

Hi, I have AA and doing cortisone injections. I want to stop and have a baby. Do i need to wait for some time before or do it right after I…

Started by Zoya Sokolovska in Other interests

3 Sep 11, 2009
Reply by Jen

What to Tell My Daughter?

I have a 6 year old daughter who has alopecia. She has just started school and is having a difficult time understanding how to cope with he…

Started by Annette Shuford in Children with alopecia

4 Oct 7, 2009
Reply by terri

A few questions about squaric acid

Before I asked my question I wanted to background about my alopecia. I am 18 and have been dealing with this condition for about a over 1 1…

Started by Chris R in Symptoms, treatment options, research

6 Oct 15, 2009
Reply by Jean

I'm heading to NYC for a wig consult September 19th!

And I'd love any suggestions on other places in NYC or the area to check out. I'm going for a consult with Joseph Paris. I plan on shopping…

Started by Karen in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

4 Jan 19, 2010
Reply by Karen

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service