Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Anyone here grow up on a farm?

I've read that people who grow up on a farm are far less likely to have auto-immune diseases and allergies. A immunologist thinks rates of…

Started by Ron in Symptoms, treatment options, research

7 Jun 4, 2019
Reply by Muller021

head painting

My son's dermatologist wants to start a treatment where he "paints" a small area with an ointment weekly for 20 weeks. The area eventually…

Started by Debbie Lopas in Children with alopecia

2 Apr 20, 2009
Reply by Debbie Lopas

New Growth

So its been 5 months since my first spot. I have growth in the spot but am still losing hair everywhere else. The hair on the spot is about…

Started by ErinMichele in Symptoms, treatment options, research

5 Apr 25, 2009
Reply by mary

clobetasol

has anyone had any luck with Clobetasol. my 6yr old daughter has had full regrowth after losing her hair twice--but i notice a few bald pat…

Started by Megan in Children with alopecia

12 Dec 27, 2010
Reply by christopher

Hair and weight loss?

Hello! My first round with alopecia areata happened while i'm in grad school, now, a few years later and out of the blue, I lost about 85%…

Started by Jen Lowe in Symptoms, treatment options, research

6 Apr 18, 2009
Reply by kastababy

devon meeting

Can we all get together somewhere in Devon (my house if you like near Exeter) ? I'd love to meet others like me - such a boost of confidenc…

Started by margaret watson in Support groups, networking

2 Apr 21, 2009
Reply by Salmezan

Hair dye?

Will lightening the dark hair(dirty blond that now looks black next to the colorless hair) to some what match the new growth hurt the new g…

Started by Amanda R Prifti in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

7 Sep 5, 2015
Reply by satyam

lumps caused from series of steroid injections for alopecia

My husband had alopecia and had a series of injections. His hair has grown back but he is noticing some lumps in the the area that was inje…

Started by Julia Hurley in Symptoms, treatment options, research

3 Apr 18, 2009
Reply by Julia Hurley

Just so I know I'm not on my own here....

I just wanted to know if anyone here is like me... to be honest I hardly think about my Alopecia, I get up, hide it, go out and be normal.…

Started by Lizzie in Acceptance and coping

11 May 8, 2009
Reply by Wendy Teo

Anybody have success with Rogaine for AA?

My dermatologist recommended Rogaine, but I worry about overdoing it with treatments. The Clobetasol (topical steroid) seems to be working,…

Started by Aimee in Symptoms, treatment options, research

4 Apr 15, 2009
Reply by Erica

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service