Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mad at the doctors

Went to make an appt with the dermatologist and as soon as I told the receptionist I had alopecia, she immediately interupted me to say, "w…

Started by Char in Symptoms, treatment options, research

7 Mar 18, 2009
Reply by BaldGirlsDoLunch.org

A vote for AA!

I'm sure most of you are familiar with this, but I have learned that a bill was reintroduced to congress about insurance purchasing hair pr…

Started by KL's Mom in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

9 Mar 19, 2009
Reply by KL's Mom

Alopecia and sexual orientation

What role has your sexual orientation played in your experience of alopecia? Not just from an anatomical or medical standpoint, but more so…

Started by rj, Co-founder in Love, relationships, gender issues

21 Oct 19, 2018
Reply by Leslie

Considering going without a wig, bandana, hat, or scarf??

I am kind of starting to get sick of wearing a wig all of the time, especially in these highly humid Georgia summers. I love riding horses,…

Started by Dielle in Bald is beautiful, head shaving, etc.

17 Apr 12, 2009
Reply by Mary

Need opinions on the new freedom wig generation 2 cap??

I am interested in hearing from people that have one of the freedom wigs with the new cap because I am considering buying one come summer t…

Started by Dielle in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

8 Sep 16, 2018
Reply by Pat

Alopecia and Pregnancy

Are there any other women out there who have alopecia and had their hair grow back during pregnancy? I'm asking because I was completely ba…

Started by Violet in Symptoms, treatment options, research

30 Jan 2, 2014
Reply by Johanna

Alopecia Totalis Onset at Midlife

Hello Everyone! My onset of alopecia began after 40. I'm curious if there is anyone in our wonderful community who has a similar pathology…

Started by Galena in Symptoms, treatment options, research

8 Mar 16, 2009
Reply by Mary

What about... Disneyland rides?

Hem... my hubby thought we all need some relax and fun, so he booked some days in Paris and in Disneyland Paris. I was thrilled of course,…

Started by Teresa in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

5 Mar 15, 2009
Reply by Dielle

Who would not use your permanent make-up artist again?

Hi All, I was wondering who would not use their permanent make-up artist again.What issues did you have with the person you used. Thanks, M…

Started by Maureen in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

6 Mar 18, 2009
Reply by Mary

I just put it together...need support

Has anyone else been here? It's 1am and no signs of sleep. My little girl is 5. a few weeks ago, we noticed a bald spot, and thought her…

Started by errantpigeon in Children with alopecia

29 Jul 15, 2009
Reply by Eva

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service