All Discussions Tagged 'alopecia' (195)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Alopecia areata and Gilenya

A little about myself… I have Alopecia Areata and Multiple Sclerosis. I am male and 45 years old. I began losing hair in patches when I was…

Started by ritchierich

3 Feb 14, 2015
Reply by ritchierich

Don't want to jinx myself but....

I am a 27 year old female and have had Alopecia Areata since November 2013. In January 2015, after months of heartache and going through an…

Started by HairJourney

0 Jan 28, 2015

Medications

I was diagnosed with Alopecia Areata in May of 2013 after finding my first bald patch hiding in the back of my head. Since I've lost all my…

Started by Hayley

1 Dec 13, 2014
Reply by Aimee

Vellus hairs?

I've had alopecia areata for a year now, my patches are quite big and my hair fell out quite slowly.  Some hair is still falling out but no…

Started by buttons4me

0 Nov 21, 2014

Alopecia awareness project

Hello, My name is Megan Lackie. I am a 21 year old student who has had alopecia for 7 years, started as areata and now I wear a wig and hav…

Started by Megan

10 Sep 10, 2014
Reply by Mel*

Yet another Newbie. . .wondering about anti androgens/DHT inhibitors/blockers

Greetings from the States.   I'm a newbie and still spending tons of time trying to figure out what is going on and how I can help myself.…

Started by Linda from Cincy

2 Aug 11, 2014
Reply by Linda from Cincy

I am losing my hair and I am desperate about it

I also have acne , and i have some extra pounds , and abusive family and lots of bullying in high school, now on top of it my hair is leavi…

Started by Fabiola

4 Jun 28, 2014
Reply by Rebeccalynn Morris

Is alopecia hereditary?

I was wondering if anyone knew if Alopecia was found to be a hereditary trait. My 5 year old daughter was diagnosed with AA in January, and…

Started by Mike Cas

10 May 27, 2014
Reply by Mike Cas

Can't find anybody else who seems to have the same type of hair loss

Hi guys. This is my first post and it's terrifying me that I'm here, making a post in an alopecia forum. God only knows why this devastatin…

Started by katiekins198

6 May 26, 2014
Reply by SarahS

Still having trouble coping after 5 years

Hey all, here's my story. I am a 19yo male, nearly 20 these days. My hair started falling out when I was about 13-14, and by then I'd wear…

Started by Maurice

6 May 19, 2014
Reply by Maurice

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service