How many people on this site just end up bicing the remains and go smooth bald?

Views: 751

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have to say that shaving my head was the most liberating thing I've done in my life--and I've done a few liberating things in my day :-) It's been a month since I shaved my head and I love it, it feels so good. I love how I look without hair and I love the confidence of not worrying about how I'm going to wear my hair from day to day. Although I could cover my AA with wigs and weaves, I always felt like I was held prisnor to them, now I'm free to be everlovin' me!
oh for sure i did this...when I had hair left to bic off ;) When I was starting to resemble my Grammpe...that's when I said...yeah, it's time to just go smooth. Bald is definitely better than sporting the same look as your grandpa...especially if you are a girl :D
Hi Baldboi.
Go for it. Shave the bloody lot off & enjoy....

Skin.
I want to some days....Im tired of wearing my hair certain ways just to cover my bald spots
don't know what a bic is...
but don't need to shave at all. I am already smooth bald, as you say.

someday soon I will get brave and go smooth bald to work, and shopping and to my kids school and so on.
i'm not here yet.
but soon.
Someday, when you're ready, you'll go everywhere bald. When you do, I think you'll wish you'd done it years ago. This month it will be ten months since I shaved my head. These days, the only time I wear any covering (wig or scarf or knit cap) on my head is when I want to "dress up" or when I'm chilly. All my friends and family have gotten used to my new look, and strangers don't seem shocked. I still get the cancer question, but I don't mind.

It's not always easy for me to be bald in public, but it has gotten easier with time.

I wore my wig for the first time in about 5 weeks a few days ago for an evening event. I couldn't wait to take it off. I had the usual indentations in my scalp when I removed it. I like the way I look in it - I PREFER the way I look with hair. But, it's gone and I refuse to be physically uncomfortable for the rest of my life.

But, that's me, and it has to be right for you. Good luck.
I am very glad to read that all of you arent regretting your shaving. Im sad to say that I do even though no one at work knows the reason and they have all said that I look really good in it. I still miss fixing my hair in the morning even though it took me like half an hour and two bottles of hairspray each time. And yes I did worry about it showing and near the end I wore a hat the days I needed it. But still I havent gotten to the point yet where I can say that I am glad that I shaved my head. But Ill get there some time Im sure! =D ... It gives me hope just reading that everyone else has.

/ cheers
yes i have been shaveing my head for years i hate the silly tufts and it is mch nicer and neater x
Know what I did it about two weeks ago, alone didn't ask for any help, thought I would cry to much and make the other person feel awful. I didn't cry much, now I shave all the time. Last night I woke up after a dream that I had my long to my knees hair back again. Wow was strange to feel my bald head. Also I am starting to have different feelings I thought it would fix everything if I could be in control again, but now I'm beginning to wonder. Alas it's gone now and there's no going back, there's not enough to go back to anyway. Today was the first time I cried over my hair for those two weeks. All I can say is that everything comes with time and you have to be the one that's ready to cut, shave or trim what you have.

Eileen
I just shaved mine off again (3rd bout of loss after regrowth) and every time I do it I feel extremely liberated. It was odd to look in the mirror at bald me again and recognize that it is a very true me.

I agree with Jennifer, I love the headblade and all the products that go with it. I was at a Bald Girls Do Lunch activity and Thea Chassin showed us the headblade. I went home and googled it and bought a kit with the shave cream, exfoliator, moisturizing lotion, razor (duh!), and my favorite the bump prevention liquid.

Since I have patches that grow like crazy and others that are bald I use every product those body builders invented for their shaved head look.

Take the plunge!
You ladies have so much courage. I've lost virtually all my hair and have absolutely no reason to keep the rest of it, yet whenever I look at the razor I'm overcome with nerves. I'm finding it hard to finally admit that this woman with alopecia truly *is* me. I am going to do it in the future, but how soon I don't know. I'm sure that when I do it'll be very liberating as you all mentioned :)
I am with everyone here! When I looked at myslef in the mirror at the gym after working out one day I had this quasi mohawk thing (the rat with the plague thing) so I decided right then and there it was coming off. I went to the barber shop and buzzed it down to a 3 on top and a 1 on the sides. it looked great until she showed me the back of my head in the mirror! I had these god awful shotgun blast of bald spots within the remainig short hair! It looked so sick I said "keep on going" and left smooth and bald.

It was a relief for sure- when you finally say "screw it" it feels great. I have been to a nude beach and it was easier than this- but in hind sight, the nude beach should have been worse!

I find I don't have much need to shave at all since then- a few little patches are fuzzy and I swipe them off with the Bic about once every week or so.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service