It's my understanding that there's no "cure" for alopecia, but I'm still interested in learning about the varying degrees of success alopecians have had with the various treatments that are offered. Therefore, if you have alopecia and have had any luck whatsoever with a treatment, please share your story here. Be sure to say whether your regrowth was temporary, permanent, partial, or full, and whether you experienced any pain or other negative side effects as result of the treatment.

PLEASE NOTE: I'm only interested in hearing from people who have actually struggled with alopecia and NOT the companies, organizations, and individuals offering treatments and cures.

Views: 11774

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What is the name of the guide book you purchased?

Probiotics seems to have worked for my daughter who went from totalis to having about 60% of her hair back. Still looking for the solution to the other 40%. She seems to have been gluten allergic so we took that mostly out of the diet and who knows how much it is helping but her other symptoms of gluten allergy have alleviated. Seeing so many other people on here with gluten-related alopetia makes me think gluten and the gut leakage that it causes are a big reason for the overactive immune system that kicks out my daughter's hair. Thanks for asking this question!

I agree completely.

What brand of probiotics did you use.. There are so many on the market it's hard choosing ome

I make homemade yogurt which is the best way to get probiotics. If you do chose store bought,I'd recommend the one with the highest count of cultures. Before I ordered the maker I bought the RAW brand with 30 different strains. Making yogurt is super easy. I ordered my yogurt maker from amazon "yolife". I make a fresh batch every week and cook it for 27 hours to eliminate all lactose. Best of luck!

I'll try and be brief since its already stated twice above. I have Totalis.

Wheat/Dairy/Sugar free + Good Probiotics turned my smooth and shiny dome into a baby fuzzed porcupine. I have hairs growing in places I haven't seen hair in 20 years (including my last remission, which gave me 80% of my hair for about 5 years following weekly B12 injections).

I don't do anything synthetic, just keep it moist with a homemade mix of castor/lavender/rosemary oil, wash with all natural mint shampoo, and keep a clean diet. It's basically paleo. I've been doing this for 4 months, no thick hair yet, but all of my smooth spots were sprouted with fine white hairs after 3 weeks of no wheat or dairy.

I have been using a product called Activance for 3 months now I have 100% growth no hair loss and my hair is growing very very fast.

Major increase in iron intake has helped me greatly.
I have total hair loss. When I was in my 30's I tried very healthy diet and all kinds of cleanses and herbs. I Did acupuncture in conjunction with strict healthy organic diet which helped and I got my hair back. When it started to fall again a few years later, i was n a different city and I did cortisone shots which kept me from losing it all for almost 10 years. Then about 8 years ago I lost it again and have done no treatment.

I really believe that this mysterious disease comes and goes. There may be things that will trigger regrowth but nothing cures it. This last time I kept my eyelashes for quite awhile, now they are gone again. Actually if I had to choose I would prefer my lashes. I wish you the best on your journey.

My daughter was diagnosed at 5 years of age with AA. For about a year we tried the shots and all sorts of creams. They would seem to work on a spot, but then another would show up. She didn't care for the shots, but continued them as long as she was seeing improvement. The creams just irritated her scalp. She started losing hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes quickly in Nov. 2012 and was bald by the start of the New Year. We decided to stop treatment and learn to live with it. Since then she has grown back lower eyelashes (strange only there), but nothing else. She will be 7 next month and we just sorta assume this is how things are going to be. She has adjusted fine, but I almost have a fear of it coming back only to lose it again. I think I would rather her not go through that again and just get on with life and be healthy. This is such an emotional rollercoaster. One of the hardest parts is dealing with the uncertainty.

I stareted the cream at 8 years old and started the injections at around 12 when they thought I was emotionally ready and mature. Good luck and she will find the strength to get through this.

My son got alopecia May 2012 and lost about all his hair on top of his head. I can send you pics if you would like. We did squaric acid every 2 weeks and by November his hair was coming back and by February all his bald spots were filled with hair. He now has a full head of hair. Feel free to send me a message and I can send pics of his progress if you are interested. I hope this helps you because I know the emotional toll alopecia has...

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service