HI Guys,

Has anyone imported Xeljanz from india via Fedex?

Just wondering if its reliable and if it gets through customs without issue.

Thanks!

Views: 73340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From Toronto- tried to get it sent directly to me and it got seized. I have it mailed to my cousin in the states and then he sends it to me. No issues. He doesn’t declare what’s in the box when sending it to me. 

Hello everyone, I just purchased some xeljanz from beacon. I Hope it arrives soon. 

I have had AA since I was 8, I am now 29, and it has worsened severely.  I have at least 6 huge spots, and more keep on coming every few. months, I am at my wits end.      My dermatologist does not believe in oral steroids or xeljanz.  I have seen another one but she also did not want to try using xeljanz with me and said insurance wouldn't even cover it.  She wanted to try an oral steroid to "shock" my system.  I did not want to try those because my brother whom has severe eczema used them and could not sleep / acted crazy. 

I will keep you updated.  I really hope this works.  I am tired of being depressed and anxious over this situation. 

Hi Tiffany, I just sent you a friend request because I’d love to tell you a little bit about my experience with Xeljanz if it would be helpful! I can’t speak for the Beacon process as I’m about to place my own first order (thanks so much to everyone above for your help!!!!) but I’ve been on Xeljanz and jakafi before that for a while. 

Hi Tiffany,

Xeljanz will help you! 

Most dermatologist have no idea how to treat alopecia and don't understand the emotional toll it takes. 

Good luck!

HI Tiffany!

Yes I also do not like steroids! And they dont work!

Most derms are 100% clueless how to treat AA and AT and AU and all they know is steroids!

Xeljanz is by far the way to go.

Just have your labs tested every year or so with your PCP and keep an eye on your cholesterol etc.

Even if insurance would cover it (i was only ever able to get coverage when i was on medicaid for a couple months believe it or not)  with the copays its cheaper just to bring it in from Beacon.

Let me know if you have any issues or need and help, i always keep a stockpile!

Are you in the US?

As I'm sure you've deduced, I would start with 5mg in the AM and another 5mg in the PM.

Keep us posted!

Thank you for you reply! 

I have insurance right now but both derm I talked to said it would be really difficult to get coverage, so I dont even want to try,  I dont think it would be worth the time and effort + the copay every time I see the doctors. 

I just placed an order, hopefully it arrives soon. 

Yes I am in the US, california . 

Thanks so much !

Thank you! 

100% agree. You will do 5 appeals with your insurance its a nightmare. i dont even bother anymore.

Yes in CA you should have no problems receiving!

Hi Tiffany were do you you live in California? There are several trials going on in Southern California.

Yes I do . I don’t have enough hair loss to participate in the trials . 

Hi Nicole,

I am currently seeing a new dermatologist (4th one in the last year) who informed me that I will need to do corticosteroid injections and weekend oral glucocorticoid treatments for three months before she even considers trying to find a Xeljanz trial for me to join. She stated that a treatment has to fail before I would be accepted to a study.

I feel like this is BS and I have had hope reinstilled in me each time I see a dermatologists only to be let down again when there is no improvement.

I have AA and its progressively getting worse and worse. Like to the point that I had to dump 1000 on micro bead extensions, which every six weeks costs an additional 100 for maintenance. This is all so I could wear my hear down after wearing it in a bun for two years.

I am really interested in ordering Xeljanz via Beacon ( I have read through this whole thread), but I didn't really understand how to test the pills when I don't have a Pfizer brand pill for comparison???

Additionally, how can I safely start this treatment with a supervision from an MD? Do I just tell my PCP what I am doing and ask for monitoring? Do I tell the dermatologist?

Im just lost as to where to start but I need a solution. this disease is running my life!!!!!

Hi Sara, 

Im in a similar position to you, all the dermatologists I have seen refuse to prescribe me xeljanz because they think I don't need it yet, and that my case is not advanced enough yet, also It probably would not be covered by insurance and i would have to go back and forth fighting with insurance companies. I have at least 25-30% total hair loss, and have had alopecia areata for over 20 years, and it is getting worse and worse every year.

I placed an order through beacon after a few months because I recently found another quarter sized bald spot that appeared in less than a month.   I also am not sure what I will be doing about supervision, or speaking to my dermatologist.  I might just talk to my PCP about my situation and do blood tests with them?

Yea just get labs with your PCP. 

forget your Derm if they are clueless. 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service