I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927437

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can someone recommend a contact for Beacon? My original source has not responded to my email. Thank you!

Hi Carlie, of late the best way to get in contact is to go onto the webpage and do a quick order. I got an order through about 3 or so weeks back but I suspect soon they will be told to focus on domestic supply to help counter covid 19 when it hits Bangladesh territory, so try to order as soon as you can. Typically they take a few days to get in contact and don’t work Friday through to Sunday. Hope that helps! 

Thanks Frida, I just went online to their website. I, also, sent a message to my original source for a back up supply. Wish they would fda approve for us but then it would probably still be too expensive.

Carlie I placed a quick order for the first time a couple of weeks ago and have not heard from them. Today when I went to the beaconpharma.com there was a pop up message stating the office was closed byt the government due to corona. So, were you able to place a quick order today through that particular web site?  Thanks"

Hi

They have been in contact with me just a few weeks ago and said they won't be shipping during the lockdown, which is now extended until 25th

Spoke with them today. Its now extended until May 6th :/

Thank you for the info. Please keep us posted on all of this! Thanks again!!

Thanks Joja! I am hopeful they will pull through this tough time, but expect they are probably inundated with orders for covid 19 related medication and are required to assist domestic supply in response to current shortages etc.

hello beacon resumes shipments but only fedex because ems are currently closed but they will reopen soon you can order but with another means of shipment

when will xeljanz be the mainstream insurance approved drug for alopecia? In 2016 they said it would be 2020, now that we are in 2020 what has happened

I dont know if it will be approved one day because of the price and of the side effects! Maybe the topic will be more easy approved but i m not sur it s very efficient. I have stopped take xeljanz for 6 weeks because i m afraid by coronavirus and i lost a lot of haire since 10 days with patch! 

Who has do herpes zooster vaccine first to start xeljanz?how and what collaterl effect do you have after herpes zooster vaccine and after xelianz's treatment ?

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service