I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927464

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Valevan85,

i got the shingles vaccine before starting Xeljanz. My doctor recommended because I did have chicken pox as a child. It’s 2 shots 2 months apart. I got the first shot in June then the second shot in August then I had to wait another 10 days after the second shot to start the xeljanz. It’s not recommended to get the vaccine while taking xeljanz. Side effects from the shingles vaccine was 3 days of what felt like a brutal flu. 

Hey Noaki, 

I was searching the board for another topic and saw your comment and wanted to let you know what Dr. Brett King at Yale said to me.  I was also really worried about coronavirus and Xeljanz, and he essentially told me that I shouldn't feel more concerned about COVID than anyone else while taking Xeljanz but that, if contract the virus, I would need to stop the medication right away and only resume once recovered.  

Xeljanz is different than most biologics in that it has a super short half-life-- 3.2 hours.  Once you stop taking it, it's out of your body in less than a day.  

As promised I'm posting my situation after 7 weeks in Tofacitinib 10 mg daily.
There is three weeks without shaving

HOW MANY TIME DO YOU USE XELIANZ?ONLY XELIANZ USES OR OTHER MEDICINAL?WHERE DO YOU SHIP ?FONSI SONO ITALIANO PURE IO.

Ciao valevan85.

Di dove sei? Mi dispiace per la tua situazione. Tieni duro.

Ho cominciato il 27 febbraio con prednisone + metotressato.

Con Tofacitinib ho cominciato 10 giorni dopo e ho proseguito abbinandolo solo con metotressato.

Il 7 maggio si completa il secondo mese con Tofacitinib. E da quel momento si proseguirà solo con quello

ciao, sono italiano anche io, sto usando Tofacinix da 1 anno e mezzo circa,prima xeljanz , avevo alopecia universale, ora non più, ciao

DI dove sei..io non ho ancora iniziato i miei ,vogliono faccio il vaccino herpes zooster..tu fonzi che effetto collaterale hai avuto con 2 immunosoppressori..acne ?io aime come lu sa prendo gia stelara un biologico per il morbo di crhon e aime sul foglio dello xelianz è vietato prendere i 2 farmaci..solo che con il crhon mi si buca lo stomaco non posso mollarlo.sto usando una crema topica dello xelianz per le ciglia e sopracciglia.

Non erano due ma tre immunosoppressori. Ma si sono sovrapposti per un periodo breve.

Acne ne avevo tantissimo. Ma è in continua diminuzione. Questa dovrebbe essere l'ultima settimana con acne.

All'inizio i peli pizzicavano e si infiammavano. Ora non li sento nemmeno. Sembra che l'infiammazione stia sparendo.

In teoria questo dovrebbe essere il mese della svolta

mi dai l'amicizia su face cosi ci parliamo meglio...

This is going to be gross, but has anyone got black spots/specks in there stool? I just noticed this like a few months ago (hasn't been consistent) and today I notice it as well.

I haven't been able to test my blood with everything going on so I am unsure if my levels have been off with Xeljanz or if it is something else.

Hi everyone, I just tried to quick order on the Beacon website and they are shut down until further notice. I have about a 30 day supply left, I will try lowering my does to 15mg once every other day. Does anyone have any recommendations? I guess I will try getting the trial order from Pfizer, if they are still doing that.  Moura has not been responding to my emails.  

Thank you for the update. Hate to hear this. 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service