I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927444

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi hellopeesha! Yeah i’m very happy with where i’ve gotten from having almost nothing! I’m definitely trying to be patient but it can be hard when i feel like i’m regressing or will never get to full regrowth. I want to get steroid shots but i can’t while on the trial! I have six months left so we will see where i am by the end of it. I have never heard of viviscal. what is that supposed to do? I have to wait until study is over to do anything extra! 

What trial are you on?Your right a little more length and you won’t even see those spots but I’m sure they will grow in.

I’ve posted about it before with more details but i don’t remember the exact name of the study off the top of my head. This is the last phase and it’s been fast tracked so results are really good! It’s a jak inhibitor that’s made specifically for alopecia so hopefully when it gets approved it’ll be easily accessible to those of us who suffer from this. It’s werking very well but i’m going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment. Along with those spots being veryyy slow to grow in, im noticing shedding in those same spots that don’t have much hair at all to begin with. It definitely stresses me out a lot! Not sure if it’s my diet, lifestyle, or what that’s causig the shedding but i pray it stops soon and turns around. Besides that i’m very happy!

Has anyone experienced really slow regrowth in a spot? Like the hair is just sparse and uneven? I don't ever remember that happening. But for this spot I have it seems to be sporatic and stubborn. I run pull tests and there aren't any pull tests but the hair growing is longer than others and some are buds and blind to the naked eye for almost weeks/days.  

I have experienced that. Exactly like u have. My hair in the spots is also white when I have brown hair.

i wish I had your problem you have a ton of hair!I can’t even look at my self in the mirror without a wig or scarf on.Be thankful you have all that thick hair and no one but you will ever see those tiny spots!

Hello  

Me and a pharmacist been working on a treatment for all kind of alopecia and it's working amazingly please contact me for more info 00962796825349 whatsapp it contains tofacinib as well . Topical plus some ingredients I hope this will cure everyone as its doing well for me 

Has anyone with diffuse alopecia has success with Xelijanz?? I'm about to start and really nervous

What makes you nervous?  I have been on the medication for about 9 months now and have not any side effects.  I take 15mg daily.  I had severe alopecia and have had 100 percent regrowth.  Everyone reacts differently but there have been people on this board on Xeljanz for over 5 years.

Nervous more for personal reasons than health reasons. I actually tried to start X about 2 months ago but after a week i stopped because the shedding of what hair I have left rapidly increased. My alopecia is diffuse and started 1.5 and has just been a slow process. I currently have about 30% left on my head which I can hide with hair products and my eyebrows are still there but shedding slowy also.

The nervousness comes from starting X at a bad time. I'm proposing to my girlfriend 3 weeks from now on a vacation. The fear of the X causing a crazy shed of what I have is was scares me.

hey brock how long until you started to see first signs of regrowth?

Understand.  It took me about 6-7 months to fully recover.  About 2-3 to see white hairs starting to come in.  (All mine came in white at first). 

Not going to lie... it was tough on me.  I shaved my head down and just came to terms with it.  It was the best thing I did.   my wife knew what I was doing through and helped me emotional a lot.  I’m sure your girlfriend would do the same.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service