I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927482

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ok i am sorry..didnt thought it will hurt someone so much 

i suffer from AU  

i am going to get baricitinib ( powder ) in 1-2 week ..rate is very cheap like  1/ 10 of xeljenz ...i hope quality will be  decent . and i will try to get it checked for quality . i am sharing this so  it might help some other people as well . i have suffered alot  because of this disease.

this will be my last serious attempt to heal this  via allopathy then i will try homeopathy . 

i will keep people updated   

Not to be discouraging or anything, but homeopathy does not work, period. I would like to warn you before you begin to waste a lot of money on it like I did. I tried it for a long long time with no results, and I know many others who had the same experience as I did. It is a false medical attempt that takes advantage of the placebo effect. Allopathy has science behind it, homeopathy relies on superstition. I started xeljanz about 3 months ago, next Monday will complete my third month, and I will see dr.king for a second visit next Thursday. I almost have full regrowth, I'm just waiting for certain areas to get thicker. I will post my monthly pictures on Monday. I am so so happy to have seen so much progress, this disease devastated me and it feels amazing to get my hair back. Best of luck to you with the baricitinib powder, I hope it works! Be sure to tell us how it goes for you.

It would be great if you started a thread specific to baricitinib and your use of it, to compile information that is easy for others to find!

it will take atleast 10-15 days for me to get it..as soon as i get it i will start a thread about my progress 

Did a doctor prescribe you the baricitinib or did you just buy it online? What do you plan on doing with the powder, are you going to compound it into pills?

self prescribed lol...i bought it online 

yes i will compound it into caps of 10 mg ..first month 10 mg then 20 mg ..tired of this  disease 

even mpb is better than alopecia areata ..atleast with mpb you can do transplant n get done with it 

i am even wanting to commit suicide as life is not fair so i dont need it 

2% of the world's population has alopecia areata, that's about 150,000,000 people world wide. It's an insanely large number if you think about it. Life isn't fair for any of us and I understand how you feel, we all understand. But please don't ever think about taking your life. In the end it's just a stupid disease, and it's not worth anyone's life. Everyone has some crap they have to deal with in their lives and unfortunately for us it's this disease. But we just have to get past it. I hope all goes well with your baricitinib experiment. Do you plan on seeing a doctor about baricitinib just for safety reasons? Xeljanzmiracle often talks about a xeljanz hardship program, I'm not really sure what exactly it is, but have you checked to see if you are eligible for it?
So true Sp06 I had a good cry myself today.About how unfair that I got this,how I cover up and act like it doesn't bother me to my family and friends that know I have it and lastly how I am trying everything I can to beat this and nothing has worked so far.Then my kitty jumped in my lap and kept purring and wouldn't leave alone till I got out of this funk.We all have bad days but I have to keep believing one day I will beat this!

thank you . i feel depressed when my gf is not around me but i dont tell her..i tell her to leave me alone sometimes  but she  just never give up on me .   

no i wont tell  any doctor as most are useless here and do more bad than good and only wants money  . they all will discourage me though . i am determined to do it anyway as if it work it may help 100s of people get hair back on this forum  as most cant seem to able to buy xenjenz .

i dont know what quality i will get of baricitinib but i believe in trying..it atleast keeps me hopeful and motivated in othe aspct of life . 

if i have  hair  growth then i will tell my doc who give me steroid shots and he is an excellent doctor who told me truth that most of skin disease has no cure so dont do prp etc and waste money 

Hey Aladdin,

I was wondering, how exactly is the powder Baricitinib applied? Is it like something you mix up in water and drink like Creatine or is it topical?

my guess is that the official instructions from the place he bought it from are something along the lines of "Products are for research use only. Not for human use. We do not sell to patients."

could be put into gelcaps or mixed with creams, but without proper lab gear it would be hard to properly dose

yes they didnt ask me much if its for research or personal use

i have bought a mg scale  from amazon so i will weight it by that  and make capsule of it . 10 mg each . 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service