Events, publications, promoting awareness (173)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Shear Genius features bald gals this Wednesday!

Well, Bravo TV has put this up on their website, so I don't think there's any secret about this anymore. Go here for a short video preview…

Started by Mary

11 Nov 24, 2008
Reply by Jera

15 year old Alopecian Ryan McDonald shot to death

http://news.google.com/news?q=ryan+mcdonald&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&;…

Started by traci

24 Nov 5, 2008
Reply by meaghan evelyn smith earle

Members in UK news: Claire & Jenny

A Sutton woman who lost all the hair on her body has set up a support network to help those suffering with the often devastating psychologi…

Started by rj, Co-founder

0 Nov 3, 2008

Vote for Fellow Alopecian Charlie Villanueva!

Hurray! NAAF Spokesperson, Charlie Villanueva, is a finalist in the Eagle Snacks and American Eagle Foundation The Bald and the Beautiful S…

Started by Matt

3 Oct 29, 2008
Reply by Zoey

Member in the news: Kaitlyn

Learning how to cope Area teen is living with alopecia -- step by steep By Jimmy Mincin, Staff Writer, Altoona Mirror, jmincin@altoonamir…

Started by rj, Co-founder

0 Oct 21, 2008

Call for Exhibitors

Alopeciapalooza 2009 A conference for children living with alopecia areata and their families with a focus on building self-esteem August…

Started by Children's Alopecia Project

0 Oct 20, 2008

Speech on Alopecia in schools.

Hi Everyone, I am doing a speech at a little girls school in christchurch to help her peers understand what Alopecia is all about. I have…

Started by Fitzy

9 Oct 13, 2008
Reply by Gill

Teens and Alopecia on the BBC

Here's a video from the BBC (British Broadcasting Corp.) about teens and alopecia: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7630739.stm

Started by Timothy H. Warneka

2 Oct 3, 2008
Reply by Timothy H. Warneka

D'Arcie Hall in the news: Hopes to travel and meet members of Alopecia World

D'Arcie lost all her long brown locks but she goes out everyday with a smile on her face Posted by Evening Gazette on September 26, 2008 1…

Started by Alopecia World

0 Sep 26, 2008

Alopecia in Movies or on TV

I'm watching The Darjeeling Limited and there is a character in the movie who has alopecia. This is the first time I've ever seen anyone in…

Started by Tricia

4 Sep 9, 2008
Reply by Sam

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service