Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Hairdressers

It occurred to me that a natural way of promoting alopecia awareness is through hairdressers. I now have AU but during all the years I had…

Started by Per Kjellqvist in Events, publications, promoting awareness

10 Apr 11, 2010
Reply by Leah Turlo

Has there ever been a questionnaire by patients?

Its 6.20 am, Iv been awake since 5.10 with this idea.  Has there every been a comprehensive questionnaire by Alopecia sufferers?  What I me…

Started by Patricia Hutchings in Symptoms, treatment options, research

11 Apr 11, 2010
Reply by Patricia Hutchings

Antibiotics -- have you tried them or researched possibility?

Hi, I know they believe it is an autoimmune disease, however I'm wondering based on some other symptoms I'm seeing if it could be either vi…

Started by Reto in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 Apr 11, 2010

New to the site, with Androgenetic Alopecia for 5 years!

Hi everyone!  So I am seeing most of the members here have Alopecia Araeta, and I really cannot relate to this.  I was hoping to find some…

Started by sarah in Acceptance and coping

4 Apr 10, 2010
Reply by lou amin

How do you respond?

Hey all....I am a nurse as alot of you now.  While giving report on a patient...the another nurse was starring at my hair and hairline of m…

Started by Donna DeHoog in Acceptance and coping

28 Apr 10, 2010
Reply by lou amin

I wear a weave so...

how is it possible to like, make it not so ratty looking? like, its the same as a wig, it just kinda gets to me...i don't like the term "wi…

Started by jessie denise in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

6 Apr 9, 2010
Reply by BaldGirlsDoLunch.org

having still hair and waiting/...

Hi, I have alopecia areata  for 15 years, recently was told it is scarring alopecia. I get scalp pain with sress. Pictures show I still hav…

Started by EVA LATTA in Acceptance and coping

6 Apr 9, 2010
Reply by EVA LATTA

Lattise

Has anyone has a positive outcome using Lattise? I have heard mixed reviews. I took my daughter to the derm today and she is not in favor o…

Started by Cindy in Symptoms, treatment options, research

9 Apr 9, 2010
Reply by Joanne

Treatment: Homeopathic Injections (Made by Guna)

I'd suggest looking into a treatment whereby a homeopathic called "Made" is injected into the scalp. I found very little information on thi…

Started by Bryan in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 Apr 7, 2010

A Fundraiser for the Children's Alopecia Project

If you are in or around the St. Louis area please consider joining us for "A Night at the Ballpark" with the River City Rascals on June 13t…

Started by Erin in Events, publications, promoting awareness

0 Apr 7, 2010

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service