Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Peoples reactions when you tell them about your AA

Since I have shaved my head, there have been quiet a few people I run into on a day to day basis that had one or two questions. I am perfec…

Started by Aaron in Events, publications, promoting awareness

10 Sep 14, 2010
Reply by Scott

Can you adjust a wig cap after it is made?

I bought a wig about a month ago, and although I love it, I think the cap is a little too big for me. I went for the "normal size" but I gu…

Started by Mhairi in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

3 Sep 11, 2010
Reply by Aimee

How much time to tan a newly bald head?

So, how long does it usually take for a freshly shaved head to develop a bit of color and blend into the face and neck? Obviously it is im…

Started by Kate in Bald is beautiful, head shaving, etc.

6 Sep 11, 2010
Reply by Kate

Eyebrows

Hey Everyone So I noticed over the last 2 weeks that my right eyebrow is thinning out :( I went to the dermatologist and she gave me some…

Started by Jocelyn in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

19 Nov 19, 2016
Reply by Butterfly*

School talk!

Today I talked to 2 of my daughter's 6 grade classes. Last year I spoke to them about 3/4 of the way through the school year (at her reques…

Started by Maria Jeremiason _ Signe's Mom in Events, publications, promoting awareness

7 Sep 14, 2010
Reply by Maria Jeremiason _ Signe's Mom

Hello

My name is Daniell, and I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 41 years old and I live in Canada, and I've never, ever thought I'd be posti…

Started by Daniell in Acceptance and coping

7 Sep 11, 2010
Reply by Aaron

Has anyone tried Immuno therapy

Hello, My son is now 14 years old and he was diagnosed at age 5 with AA, this year has been the worst by far, he has lost so much hair and…

Started by Cathy Bay in Children with alopecia

2 Sep 9, 2010
Reply by Cathy Bay

My fiancée wants to know what is the likelihood this can be cured?

My alopecia areata started 6 weeks ago.. my bald spot is the size of my fist if not bigger. I'm all down with shaving my head but the fianc…

Started by Aaron in Symptoms, treatment options, research

35 Nov 11, 2010
Reply by tim kay

hair vitamins seam 2 b workin

has anyone tryed viviscal or norkin? can you get them on perscription? i have been takin silica complex and mega vitamins for hair from hol…

Started by caroline knight in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 Sep 6, 2010

Severe shedding

HELLO ,I have T.E and the doctors say that unmasked AGA,which for me is hard to accept ,because my parents are both 60 and have gorgeous fu…

Started by estella garcia in Symptoms, treatment options, research

3 May 21, 2013
Reply by mycurlyhair

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service