Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tips needed for getting used to wearing my new wig

Hi everyone. I got my first wig last Saturday and I'm having a difficult time getting used to wearing it. I love the style, cut and color -…

Started by Rebecca in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

18 Apr 3, 2019
Reply by emmklise31

Fun Wigs

A friend of mine gave me a short pink wig earlier this year, on the promise that I would actually wear it... I wasn't so sure at the time b…

Started by Karina Louise in Just for fun, inspirational, motivational

2 Oct 8, 2009
Reply by sonia

Meeting Friends from Alopecia World in Person!

Today, Pam Rosse and I each drove about 45 minutes from where we live to meet in person for the first time. We had a great two-hour convers…

Started by Mary in Acceptance and coping

9 Oct 14, 2009
Reply by robert whitford

Eyebrow pencils

Hi, I have begun to lose half of one of my eyebrows. Does anyone know the brand of a very good quality eyebrow pencil? I tried a Clarins an…

Started by kimberly dean in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

8 Oct 10, 2009
Reply by Vi

Got my VERY FIRST Wig!

I wore it to a wedding and it moved a lot. Then, the next day I realized I didn't have it on tight enough :( Oh we'lll, live and learn! Its…

Started by Jennifer in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

2 Oct 6, 2009
Reply by Jennifer

Having a difficult day :(

Hey everyone! I just needed to vent some and I think my hubby is getting tired of hearing it...lol. I was misdiagnosed in March 2008 as hav…

Started by Donna DeHoog in Acceptance and coping

30 Oct 9, 2009
Reply by Ernesto

If you got your hair back after loosing it all, please tell me how long?

Hi all, been looking for a forum like this forever... in Swedish til I was smart enough to look beyond the borders :) so, I have had AA si…

Started by Helena Wenzin in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 Oct 5, 2009

What do I need to know about shaving my head?

I saw my head in a 3 way mirror yesterday at the department store. I walked into the dressing room to try on clothes and I stood there for…

Started by Karen in Bald is beautiful, head shaving, etc.

10 Jan 19, 2010
Reply by Karen

Parent and child with alopecia

Hi Everyone, I am new to this site but I am not new to Alopecia. I am 34 years old and have had this since I was a year old. I remember the…

Started by Brandi DeArment in Children with alopecia

9 Jan 29, 2010
Reply by Donna Wingate

How coping with the family´s problems to accept?

I have another worry to bother my day with this time. I just came off the phone with my mother inlaw. She is very upset with my daughters A…

Started by Annie in Acceptance and coping

8 Oct 12, 2009
Reply by Rose Marie'

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service