Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tattooing eyebrows

Although my eyebrows have not fallen out, I am showing signs that I might become AU in the future. For example my arm and pubic hair has th…

Started by kimberly dean in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

4 Sep 27, 2009
Reply by kimberly dean

Lace front wigs

I am interested in buying a lace front wig because then I will be able to glue it to my head and leave it on for a few days if I wish and t…

Started by kimberly dean in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

2 Sep 26, 2009
Reply by Kimberly Williams

Alopecia Universalis

Hello. I have a question concerning AU. As I have started to notice hair on other parts of my body disappearing I am concerned that my eyel…

Started by kimberly dean in Symptoms, treatment options, research

9 Oct 26, 2009
Reply by Ms. S

Nail pitting

Hiya Everyone! I have really bad pitting on most of my nails, to the point that they just crumble and split. Some even have lifted off the…

Started by Kirsteen Forrest in Symptoms, treatment options, research

17 Oct 4, 2009
Reply by Kirsteen Forrest

Help for a friend

I have a friend who is losing her hair:( She has a complicated medical history. Someone referred her to a Dr. Shapiro at NYU in New York Ci…

Started by Garden Girl in Symptoms, treatment options, research

4 Oct 6, 2009
Reply by Susan S

Who is the insurance guru out here?

I need some advice. Ready for a fight with Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA. Coordination of Benefits?... Thank You.

Started by Karen in Acceptance and coping

0 Sep 24, 2009

Prognosis same for AU as AA?

I keep hearing that if you get AA late in life (like I did at age 39) there is a really high chance it will grow back. But what about if t…

Started by Aimee in Symptoms, treatment options, research

10 Sep 25, 2009
Reply by Joshua

Coping?

Hi my name is Connie and i was just found out I have alopecia on Monday Septmeber 21, 2009. It is a day I will never forget! I noticed a sp…

Started by Connie Reed in Acceptance and coping

15 Oct 6, 2009
Reply by Michelle

Mirror, Mirror On The Wall.....

I'm sick of myself! Take the mirrors, windows and anything reflective away from me because if it's around, I'm in it. How do I look? Wig ch…

Started by Karen in Acceptance and coping

0 Sep 24, 2009

Wigs. Where do you start?! & Philadelphia

Hi everyone! So I thought I was in the clear after all my hair fell out last winter. I was TOTALLY bald, every last hair came out! It start…

Started by juliepeach in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

9 Sep 27, 2009
Reply by kimberly dean

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service