All Discussions Tagged 'wigs' (98)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What has your experience searching for a wig/wig stylist been like?

I have had AA since I was five, and then it turned into AT when I was 13, and now I have lost my eyebrows and am slowly losing my eyelashes…

Started by tripleA

2 Feb 14, 2016
Reply by Aimee

Wedding Wig

Hi everyone, So I'm 28, got engaged about a year ago, and new to alopecia. My hair started falling out about 6 months ago, and have since l…

Started by Sayde

5 Jan 27, 2016
Reply by Barry Woods

New with wigs, help!

Hi everyone, i have alopecia areata, starting to became universal, with a few hair in the front and top of the head. So i need to buy a wig…

Started by Sandra

4 Jan 8, 2016
Reply by youarebeautiful

Beautiful Story

Hi, This woman tells her story about losing her hair. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYb7tJYdknU

Started by youarebeautiful

1 Nov 27, 2015
Reply by catbert

Fortune wigs: hand tied vs. open cap

I'm in a bit of a dilemna. I've heard great things about Fortune, but also the wefts can sometimes be seen with Fortune wigs.  I'm living i…

Started by Suz

0 Oct 20, 2015

How can I come out of the closet?

I been suffering from alopecia for years and bad as I want to pull my wig off and let my children see what my head really looks like withou…

Started by helen30

6 Sep 9, 2015
Reply by Cindie

Insurance denial

I was diagnosed with Alopecia in January and twice now my insurance has denied me to see a dermatologist. They keep saying the Alopecia is…

Started by Nicole Kordie

47 Aug 2, 2015
Reply by Supportive Mom

If you are looking for hair -enhancement, wigs extensions in NJ!!!

Okay everyone. I have not been diagnosed as alopecia after visiting several dermatologists as i always had baldness in my crown but now it…

Started by teresad

0 Jul 8, 2015

What if people find out?

Hey there! I am a fifteen year old girl with what looks to be the beginnings of AU. I have had AA for close to three months now, and it hon…

Started by Livkerp

11 Jun 10, 2015
Reply by Debra (twin mom)

Newbie question... can wigs look realistic?

Hey everyone, I have the androgenic kind of alopecia, and it's been going on about a decade... but lately it's just gotten particularly bad…

Started by megkay

8 Jun 4, 2015
Reply by femmemuscle

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service