I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927481

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Frida! Did you do it through a bank or online by yourself? If online, which service did you use? Thanks!

I do use transferwise and I also have paid via my bank here in Australia. Once you set up the account info both are straightforward, so the first payment tends to be the most tricky as you figure out currency and put in the rather odd bank details (addresses in some parts of the world are complicated - I take my hats off to the postmen/women!). Transferwise is the most economical way to send money from Australia though. 

Hi All, 

Came across an article posted just yesterday from a Yale study on the success of combination therapy of Tofacitinib & oral minoxidil. Sounds promising.

https://www.healio.com/dermatology/hair-nails/news/online/%7B9a301f... 

Hi, do you see that?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0092867419305057

the discovery of a new lymphocyte (x) would be at the origin of type 1 diabetes as well as many other autoimmune diseases

Hi everyone . Could someone kindly tell me the importance of Allegra in conjunction with X? Also I’m in the Uk so we don’t have Allegra , what’s the equivalent to it and if so how to take them together? Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance   

Anyone here a non-responder to Xeljanz? I have AU, 23 years old, male.

Been on 10mg a day for a little over 6 months now and basically no growth besides about half of my top eyelashes on each side, some on the bottom of eye and very very few eyebrow hairs.

None on scalp or body.

May be going to 15mg soon, but I may just not be a responder. Seeing my derm soon to convince her to go to 15 mg since there is some growth, maybe just need more than 10 mg for real results. And my bloodwork has been fine 

bonjour Lydan

Comment as tu  pu obtenir en France Xeljanz?

merci

Merci pour votre réponse...pas de problème avec la douane française.???

Mes questions sont surtout d'ordre administratif, le contrôle sanguin régulier ne posant pas de problème majeur.

encore merci

Non-responder here too. Hoping something else comes out that works for everyone.

I had no response until 20 mgs for 2-3 months, took 10 mgs a day for year ., nothing until 20 mgs a day, you are probably a responder.,, i know it feels hopeless., i thought ,”im the guy who will be a non responder , probably wont work for me!” ... still blown away on how it worked when being so desperate and so down and hopeless

how bad was your alopecia and how good were the results. how quickly did you see intial regrowth after moving to 20mg

I was au , started seeing fuzz at around 1-2 months, never has come back as thick as it was before i lost it, im a male , i was quite happy just to get eyebrows back and felt anything else was a plus. It comes back pure white then changes darker.. just hang tight, everyone is different, some take longer and some take lesser w less dose,.. dont give up hope, i know and we all know how terrible you feel. I thought it was never coming back..! Once fuzz starts coming back it becomes more than you can count then all of a sudden you start to recognize that old friend in the mirror again, then i didnt feel like such a freak in public because i had brows, stuble on face and fuzz on my head... believe!! If you dont..,, believe i believe that you are gonna get it back!! 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service