I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927442

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You're most likely correct.  I can understand controlled substances, such as opioids, but standard prescription drugs like Xjelanz?  First of all, it's not illegal and/or unheard of for prescriptions to be written for a drug to be used "off-label".  I guess Customs may also be concerned that they don't know what is in the drug. But one thing we all do know:  If Big Pharma was not so greedy, we would not need to get our drugs from other countries.

I reached out to Beacon and sent a copy of the letter they sent me in the mail. They said they would get back to me. I pray this can be corrected and they can find a way to get it to me. Thanks  everyone for your support I’m having a bad day because of this news

Hi, from what I read on this forum - Beacon has no influence on the US customs. Sometimes they can ship a replacement order for free.

Best wishes for a resolution to this, Lori.  It is frustrating enough to have this condition, but to have to fight for drugs that we need and that often work is criminal!  Shame on these drug companies and our insurance companies!  

Hey Lori. If your looking for some Xeljanz I have a few bottles left because I stopped taking them last year. If you need some please let me know. I sent you a friend request.

If she doesn’t take them I will. 

Thank you.

message me 

Omg thank u . I will like now 

Definitely I will take them.  I don’t see the friend request 

I just placed an order through Beacon, I'm in California. My last order was in Feb. it arrived fairly quickly. Where are you located?

What is the information for Beacon to place an order?

is it expensive to order? 

This is the rep that I use, mouree@beaconmedicare.com.bd. The cost per box of 30 tablets is 15.00, 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service