I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927421

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The invoice from Beacon will have the bank account number and address. You will input all this info and the invoice number through the Transferwise account. It's pretty easy. The whole transfer money process takes 4-5 business days. If you need more detail info - I can log in in my Transferwise account and send you the screenshots.

Thank you, you have been so helpful.  I will start the process and see how it goes, but I may take you up on that if I get stuck.   This is all new and a bit scary for me. it is so unfair that we all have to go through this to get medication that should be covered by insurance.   

Hi Nat, if it's not too much trouble, could you also send me a pic of your screen shot from Transferwise.  My cell is 443-416-2314.  Thanks.

Nat I need some one on one help as well. I don’t even know what to do in TransferWise regarding dollars. I put the amount in US dollars in the invoice but then in euros it is less of course. And do I change it from euro to something else??

If you wouldn’t mind texting me through it that would be great. And if you can’t that’s okay. But my cell number is 580-224-1103. Thank you!

Also the bank is in Hong Kong so I assume I am sending the money there. I know you would not guess I have two masters degree and am a healthcare executive. Lol!!

Also is the correct bank address 1 Queens Road Central but the City is Kowloon? And an HSBC HongKong only comes up that includes Singapore- is that the one to use?

I promise once I do this one time I will pay it forward!!

Hi DJP,I just sent you a text with a picture of my transfer.

Recipient address: Flat 204, 20F Neel House, block A. 525-543 Nathan Rd, Yay Ma Tei, Kowloon, Hong Kong

Bank account country - HONG Kong.  Swift: HSVCHKHHKH. Account number: 023-497712-838

You can always e-mail someone else from Beacon from here https://www.beaconmedicare.com.bd/medicare-team.php and wish someone replies soon. 

I have tried everything to get hold of Mouree, including the quick order and no response. Does anyone have another contact at Beacon?

How did you contact her through email

?

Carlie I emailed Mouree two nights ago and she/he responded within 8 hours and he has sent my invoice. 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service