Employment issues, workplace challenges (77)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How to deal with alopecia at the workplace- how do you approach?

I'd like to hear your ideas about how you deal with alopecia areata (or any hair loss for that matter) at work in a professional environmen…

Started by Layla

12 Jul 28, 2012
Reply by Tallgirl

Advice

Hi, I´ve got last two semesters of nursing school to do and I will have a trainning in September. I had regrowth, but my hairs are fallen a…

Started by Alena Jarůšková

1 Jun 27, 2012
Reply by Rose Marie'

Interview concerns

31 Year old, female. I have less than 10% of my hair left on my head. So far its staying on the rest of my body, so far. I keep it covered…

Started by Gooberoobu

4 Jun 25, 2012
Reply by Cindie

Wearing A Fresh Wig on Monday

So, I've been wearing a worn out wig for a while. It's a synthetic and I've got a new one that I'm wearing on Monday. I am so nervous about…

Started by liberty

10 Jun 16, 2012
Reply by Cindie

Full-time careers while wearing full-time wigs

I am just wondering how many of you work full time and wear a wig all the time during your job? I have been off work for over a year and ha…

Started by Chefpam

31 Feb 22, 2012
Reply by Shauntay80

Alopecia & health insurance

My husband was just laid off :( I am worried about our getting health insurance, between his recent bout with cancer, and my alopecia diagn…

Started by Aimee

4 Sep 19, 2011
Reply by Suzanne Kennedy

Day 1 - Alopecia Areata

I found out today that my doctor thinks I have alopecia areata. I apologize if this is not posted in the correct area but I just need to ve…

Started by justinvenners

6 May 22, 2011
Reply by Greg

Work friends and the awkward truth

Hi all, Just wondering how everyone gets over the initial 'oh i better drop into the conversation that i have alopecia' awkward situation…

Started by Sally

14 May 4, 2011
Reply by Abby

Talking to kids without alopecia about this/me venting

So, I subsitute teach right now. I mainly am in elementary rooms since that's what my license is in but was in a group of rather rude middl…

Started by Amanda Reitmeier

16 Apr 14, 2011
Reply by man82

Alopecia and work

I had a question about my wife. She has Alopecia and is completly bald. Lately her work has threatened her saying she must wear a hat or sh…

Started by patm

11 Mar 20, 2011
Reply by Tiffani Who

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service