Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Alopecia areata and hormones in women

Please see study in link. This has proven to be the case for me. I know that this may not apply to all, but if you are a women whose Alopec…

Started by kathy ferguson

1 Nov 14, 2013
Reply by Rose Marie'

Can you stop the hair loss?

I recently had my hairdresser over, whose one of good friends and my sons godmother! And when parting my hair, yes she said ' Mel, you got…

Started by Me

8 Nov 14, 2013
Reply by Me

Has anyone become "resistant" to DPCP?

I have successfully managed my alopecia with DPCP for 15 years. Prior to using DPCP, I lost all of my hair from the age of 15-22. Now, 37,…

Started by Merlin

10 Nov 14, 2013
Reply by Jason

Other symptoms beside hair loss?

Does anyone else have other symptoms that they didn't have before they started losing their hair?  Ever since I found my first patch of hai…

Started by Debbie

13 Nov 12, 2013
Reply by Rose Marie'

Progress?

Hello all! I just wanted to give an update on my current situation and ask for some advice. As for my background info, I was AA for about…

Started by Jen Lowe

21 Nov 11, 2013
Reply by MichMich

Diet and alopecia

I would be very interested to hear from people with alopecia who have experience of gluten free, dairy free diets - what effect has this ha…

Started by Jane

2 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Jane

Diffuse alopecia areata

Hi would anybody be able to give me any treatments to use for for diffuse AA , and any way to thicken the hair up. T hanks for any ideas ne…

Started by neil

1 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Pam

Not sharing info

I read some people's success stories on re growth and it gives me hope that maybe it can happen to my daughter, sadly when you asked those…

Started by MychildhasAT

8 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Pam

Cortisone shots

Does any body know if cortisone shots cause diabetes? Also I want to know if any one experienced hair regrowth by injecting hormones pleas…

Started by kayla

5 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Pam

Itchy itchy itchy!!

Does anyone else have itchy head during periods of hair loss? I'm trying head and shoulders to help with the itch but its not working well.…

Started by Amelia33

5 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Pam

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service