Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is it true that how quickly you lose hair is the best indication of how severe it will eventually be?

Hello, When I first developed alopecia earlier in the year, I only had the one bald patch. Lots of people told me not to worry about losing…

Started by AJ in Symptoms, treatment options, research

7 Sep 23, 2011
Reply by Carissa

Scalp Biopsy?

Hey guys, Just realized that in order to really know and be sure of the cause of hair loss, a scalp biopsy needs to be done. My doctor has…

Started by Elizabeth in Symptoms, treatment options, research

14 Sep 22, 2011
Reply by Elizabeth

Has anyone heard of/tried Nioxin?

I was told by a concerned person about Nioxin. It's suppose to stimulate hair growth and help keep it thick. I was just interested if anyon…

Started by Corina Tynsky in Symptoms, treatment options, research

7 Sep 22, 2011
Reply by BJ Spicer

Anyone from Iowa

It would be nice to make a friend who could understand what I was going through right now.

Started by Nathalie27 in Support groups, networking

0 Sep 21, 2011

Events in the Boston area?

Hi, I was just wondering if there were any upcoming alopecia related events coming up around the Boston or Massachusetts area. I really th…

Started by Alex Heinz in Events, publications, promoting awareness

0 Sep 21, 2011

Do Any Of You Name Your Wigs?

Yes I know this sounds really stupid but just wondering! LOL.... I mean you have got to wear the thing right and it becomes a part of you.…

Started by Lori M in Just for fun, inspirational, motivational

42 Sep 20, 2011
Reply by Sheena

Losing the battle, may need to shave my head

Have dealt with this since I was 12, when I lost it all, got it back by 17, off and on since then, but mostly OK.  Now 41 and for whatever…

Started by GregP in Bald is beautiful, head shaving, etc.

5 Sep 20, 2011
Reply by Greg

Alopecia & health insurance

My husband was just laid off :( I am worried about our getting health insurance, between his recent bout with cancer, and my alopecia diagn…

Started by Aimee in Employment issues, workplace challenges

4 Sep 19, 2011
Reply by Suzanne Kennedy

X-Fusion

I have Alopecia Areta and use a powder the color of my hair to fill in my spots it's called X-fUSION i encourage everyone to use it.

Started by You can do it : ) in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

2 Sep 18, 2011
Reply by You can do it : )

Wig or not to wig!

I have been going vald since i was 10 years  old and I am now 33 . However I now feel tired of being looked at the bald girl and wants to w…

Started by Silje H Teig in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

32 Sep 18, 2011
Reply by Liz

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service