I am letting you all know of my trial of using cannabis oil tincture on my hairline for the past 4 months. I was diagnosed with FFA about 5 years ago. I have used finasteride and clobetasol as well as tried steroid injections and doxycycline. I also went on an autoimmune protocol diet for almost a full year. I believe that the diet made a big difference in my inflammation but my problem was sticking with it religiously. I have not been willing to use the stronger anti inflammatory drugs like cellcept. I have lost my eyebrows completely and hair above my ears and my hairline is greatly receded. I am lucky because I began with a lot of hair that is hiding most of my loss. I had continued to have redness and irritation and hair loss until lately. In late January after listening to other friends who have used cannabis tinctures for arthritis and other conditions it dawned on me that it would be worth trying. I had just finished a couple of months of doxycycline that reduced the redness but made me feel crappy. I also do not want to take so much antibiotic. I stopped taking it and more inflammation returned. I told my dermatologist that I wanted to try a CBD oil tincture and he gave the go ahead as it would not be harmful. I applied a tincture to my red hairline in the morning and evening every day for the past 4 months. Slowly and progressively the inflammation has calmed down and greatly improved to almost gone. I have also had some return hair growth where I had most recently lost some hair. my hairline looks so much more normal now. Showed my dermatologist last week and he was very very impressed and said he never has seen my hairline look this good. With his encouragement I am continuing. I am now going to let go of the finasteride and we are going to check in in three months to see how I am doing. I do believe that the tinctures have been a very powerful healing medicine and I am so excited with my results. I want you to know. There needs to be more trials of this approach to see if others get the great results that I have had. The problem is that it is not available every where. I am in California and it is now legal to buy this medicinal grade tincture. There is hemp oil available in health food stores and if that is all you can get you can try but I have been told that it is not the same powerful quality that you get in a dispensary....thus it is legal everywhere. The tinctures I have used with CBDA and THCA do not have psychoactive effects when used on the skin. They are also in a nice coconut oil base that is good on your skin. If you are interested I will give more info about what I am using........I am continuing and think it has indeed made a huge difference. So hopeful for me. I will update with a post in three more months. Thanks, and good luck out there with this nasty FFA.

Views: 10784

Replies to This Discussion

that is great....we are on a big experiment but there is not much else available....good luck and stay in touch! I will write down the formula that you sent....I just got another product and will compare it.......hard to translate into what you have....My new one is High CBD full-spectrum cannabis tincture and they describe it as a ratio 6 CBD: 6 CBDa: 3 THC: 1 THCa.....they no longer were carrying the other products so I am now going to try this .........good luck to us....and I am still in my much better condition....not gone but sooooo much better...........Onward.......

Hi Diart.... I feel the same, i haven't purchased it yet as i would want to use it daily/twice a day but feel with the oiliness i would need an extra 2 hrs in the a.m. to wash and do my hair along with coloring the scalp areas that need it.  i work early in the morning and would have to get up earlier, but i guess if it works i am up for it.    i plan on doing internally also... get it from all angles. best of luck..

Thanks Diana! I'm going to try internal treatment also. I'm retired so I don't have to be somewhere in the morning. I feel for your morning routine...you can do it!!

I hope so Diart... thank you.  ... We also want to see something improve that gives us hope and incentive to keep going but it all takes time.  I'm getting close to retirement...maybe will take early retirement to deal with this although going to work and keeping busy keeps my brain off of this problem for a little bit.  Lets hope CBD is atleast a partial help since i really didn't take any prescriptions that i got, i did by aip diet and some relaxation methods.  still off gluten and dairy (most of the time)..  good luck!

Today Show today (8/9/18) had a story on CBD oil. Today’s Health segment. They basically said this is something we’re going to be seeing a lot more of.   Didn’t say anything negative.

Thanks Donna.  I watch the Today show everyday but didn't hear anything about it.  i have to leave for work by 8:30 and it was probably on after that.  i will check it out online.

Hi Robin,

Have you noticed any change in your eyebrows since using the CBD oil? My brows are microbladed now. I use Boots 7 serum on eyelashes and brows at night. Works well on eyelashes, but not on brows. Do you use the CBD oil on your brows?

Thank you  

HI, I lost all of my eyebrows a couple of years ago....so, they are never coming back, sadly. They say this is scaring alopecia and no return after gone.......I also have microbladed brows.....so no, I do not as it would be useless. I have few eyelashes but at least I can put on some mascara....do not know what Boots 7 is. I will look into that.

I do like the cannabis oil and do believe that it is helping a lot with the inflammation......got a little hair regrowth with that at my hair line and since I began in Jan I have held the line......

Good luck, Robin

It's No. 7 Lash Impact Serum, manufactured by The Boots Co., Nottingham, England. I get it at Target. They have a line of beauty products. Much cheaper than Latisse, and works just as well. 

Again, thank you for sharing and I look forward to seeing updates. For those that live in states that prohibit medical marijuana, Hemp oil is available through Amazon and my research has indicated that it is as effective as CBD, the part of MJ that does not induce any high but can have medical benefits. 

I use it myself for pain, and am experimenting with my horse to reduce inflammation. Hopefully this might be an answer to alleviating the immune response that is part of the FFA condition. 

Good luck and keep us informed.  

I would love more info on the CBD oil please . I’m also with FFA and after one year on doxy plaq and finasteride I’ve decided to take myself off them as they did nothing for me , possibly made me shed more ! Thank you 

If you look through the comments I share more.......good luck, still liking the effects!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service