I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927421

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I wish you a full recovery. I've been on Tofa for 4 years now. I started to get different small growths on my fingers, legs..... I will be more careful in the sun. Thank you 

hello starshine I've also been on jaks since 2018 I'm sorry for you, it may be a coincidence or related to the drugs only god knows, with the arrival of new less dangerous jaks because it selects the immune system less, I am on a new jak 1 abrocitinib 200mg. try to reduce the dose and treat your melanoma. did you do a blood test?

Hi, how is the efficacy of abrocitinib? First time I hear about it :-) 

That's sad to hear. I really hope it goes well. Good luck. Thanks for letting us know.

I had skin cancer way before starting Concert Jak3 inhibitor. If you are fair skinned, grew up in an era where you used tan accelerator instead of sun block, the likely cause is years of exposure. Ask for Luvelan Kerastick Photo Dynamic Therapy or Blue light Therapy every 1-2 years to minimize chances of getting skin cancer. Basically it destroys cancerous and pre-cancerous skin cells. Side effect is super smooth skin, removes/lightens brown spots and clears acne. Recovery 1-2 weeks. 1st treatment is the worst, subsequent ones are much milder.

hello I did a blood test I have been taking jak since 2018. I have an increase in transaminases 3 times more than normal I took anxiolytics my dermatologist tells me it's not from jaks but I'm not sure Did you have an increase apart from cholesterol everything else is good .
I follow a strict diet, no alcohol, healthy food and food supplements.
I will have another blood test in a month.

I was wondering if anyone has switched from Xeljanz to Olumniant and what the results were.  My insurance company will no longer pay for Xeljanz since Olumniant has been officially approved for alopecia.  My doctor told me I have to switch, but I am really scared that it will not work as well.  I have been on Xeljanz for 9 years now and have never had a problem with my hair since starting Xeljanz.  I was universalis.    I am thinking of ordering Xeljanz from Beacon instead.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  

I made the switch. For me it is ok/good. I also take oral monoxadril and get monthly steroid shots. Before they restricted the dose on xeljanz I was having my best results. After the restriction my results diminished considerably. So olumiant was an easy choice for me to make! It appears to work better for more people and is 1 pill a day not 2. 

Personally I am waiting for the the new CTP-543 to get released. I hope this helps! 

Yes, it does.  Thank you.  I am also waiting for the new One to come out.  It sounds great.

for my part olumiant is less effective than xeljanz.
i am currently taking for 6 months abrocitinib from pfizer 200mg which is the best jak i have taken

I have also used Xeljanz and Ilumiant, both were successful.

- my biggest difficulty that I had to overcome was getting insurance to cover it.

during the periods where I couldn’t take it due to insurance issues, I had complete regression, so in order to maintain the re-growth, I will apparently need to take the drug permanently.

I am curious to know if you have any updates?

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service