I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927421

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been taking Xeljanz since 2015. 

I love this post! That's where I started gathering information about Xeljanz. It was a bumpy road on the treatment, but I was able to regrow all my hair after 16 years of alopecia universalis.

I just started an account on Instagram @embracingalopecia where I'll be sharing my experience.

Keep the faith! 

Are you still taking Xeljanz? Did you happen to stop it and did it work fine or did hair start falling out again?

My doctor (in India) thinks medicine can be stopped eventually with the help of other drugs but all I have gathered so far from this portal is that hair stay as long as people continue to be on this medicine.

So happy for you, Xeljanz2015!!  Can I add you as a friend?  I am also AU and am thinking of starting Xeljanz.  Thank you!

Hey, did you mean you got the hair back after 16 years with the Xeljanz treatment? Are you still taking this medicine?

Anyone here take Xeljanz and Rogaine at the same time?

Does Rogaine actually help people with alopecia?

I can't say I  that I know if Rogaine works but I know there is an oral monoxadril that may be more beneficial. 

Hello nzahir my doctor recommended using the foam in addition to xeljanz it helps fill in spots and it is relatively inexpensive.  The thing is you cannot stop using it! if you do the hair does fall out for that reason I have held off on using it.  It definitely helps with the little hairs around your hairline on the face quite a bit.  I used to use it all the time.  

Thank you

I used to take Rogaine some years ago (before my Alopecia) just for normal hair loss and it was pretty decent

But it is a mess sadly

Hello to all .  I am having problems receiving tofacitinib from India, the Italian customs 
are blocking the shipment even though I have a prescription
from my doctor. Is there anyone here who can help me with suggestions
or alternative ways to receive it?
Thank you very much

I’m having the same problem in US. I purchased it from India  Customs took the medication and said they wont send it to me. Does anyone know another way to purchase it?? I’m desperate my dr said it’s the only thing that will grow my hair back. 

Are the people in Customs getting a kickback from Big Pharma?  Seriously, what are they intending to do with the drug they won't send to you?  Destroy it?  Can you get any kind of a refund from Customs or Beacon?  Since you have a prescription, how can the people in Customs behave like a bunch of thugs?  Have you reached out to Beacon and informed them of the problem or do they already know?

Could be random chance why it got flagged at customs.  It may also have to do with people buying off label prescription drugs to fight or prepare for covid.

Probably just bad luck. 

Sorry for the BS.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service