Acceptance and coping (836)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New to Alopecia World ... trying to cope

I've known I had Alopecia for about 10 years now. I started having bald spots in 2001 and eventually got to the point where I shaved my hea…

Started by Delena

2 Sep 24, 2011
Reply by Rodeli

stress...sadness worse on ppl who have alopecia... true??

from what ive been through and anyone... such as well breaking up and divorce... or anything... what can you do to prevent stress in your l…

Started by Maya :)

3 Sep 18, 2011
Reply by Liz

Looks are not important

I had quite a bit of free time this morning and spent a good while reading blogs right here in the Big AW. So many of us seem to be having…

Started by JeffreySF

29 Sep 3, 2011
Reply by Fulvio982

Hello all

Hello all. Just signed up yesterday. Did it via my mobile but it won't upload a photo as yet but i'll get that sorted soon. Had alopecia fo…

Started by KEV

2 Sep 1, 2011
Reply by KEV

[Idea] Our advices, tips and tricks for new alopecians

I see many thread with people asking things about alopecia entering in this world since few months and I was thinking that we "olders" coul…

Started by Fulvio982

1 Aug 31, 2011
Reply by Tallgirl

Wedding ceremony in the U.S

Hi, I'm Japanese and lived in Japan. My friend will get married to an American man. She will have a wedding ceremony in Miami near Key West…

Started by Momoko

8 Aug 28, 2011
Reply by Momoko

First time at church service bald!

I wore a scarf on the 45 min train ride, and walked a block from the train took a deep breath in and looked behind me while I slipped off m…

Started by Sam Sam

11 Aug 22, 2011
Reply by Sam Sam

Different groups, different views, different ways of coping

This post ain't to upset anyone in particular. But I find that people have different ways of coping and how they look at their alopecia. An…

Started by Bald Tan

66 Aug 18, 2011
Reply by Cathryn F.

Granddaughter's reaction

I recently shaved my hair down to about 1/2 inch or so because I've lost so much anyway; and, I wanted to give my scalp a break from the tr…

Started by Nancy King

42 Aug 18, 2011
Reply by Nancy King

Feeling defeated, frustrated, and depressed

Every time university is about to start up I start thinking about how I'm going to be wearing my wig everyday and how I am pretty much lyin…

Started by Dielle

32 Aug 13, 2011
Reply by Dielle

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service