Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sore one day, fine the next

hello friends. could use a little info/insight.... so i was diagnosed last year with AA. lost about 1/4 of my hair... in three large patche…

Started by claudine

4 Oct 6, 2009
Reply by Karen

If you got your hair back after loosing it all, please tell me how long?

Hi all, been looking for a forum like this forever... in Swedish til I was smart enough to look beyond the borders :) so, I have had AA si…

Started by Helena Wenzin

0 Oct 5, 2009

Nail pitting

Hiya Everyone! I have really bad pitting on most of my nails, to the point that they just crumble and split. Some even have lifted off the…

Started by Kirsteen Forrest

17 Oct 4, 2009
Reply by Kirsteen Forrest

white eyebrow roots

i have a random question, i was wondering if someone can explain this to me. i noticed that where i have alopecia (the hairs that come from…

Started by clare

0 Sep 27, 2009

Prognosis same for AU as AA?

I keep hearing that if you get AA late in life (like I did at age 39) there is a really high chance it will grow back. But what about if t…

Started by Aimee

10 Sep 25, 2009
Reply by Joshua

Eyebrows and hairloss

My dd9 has had alopecia patches off/on since 2.5. She currently has just about a full head of hair. Her eyebrows were doing great inthe mid…

Started by Alyssa and mom Lori

2 Sep 25, 2009
Reply by Pamela Rosse

Could it happen again?

Almost two years ago I had alopecia areata. At first my doctor thought it was scalp ring-worm, then scalp psoriasis, but after nothing I to…

Started by Dave jones

10 Sep 24, 2009
Reply by Ernesto

A question of time...

Does anyone know of any really old people who are living with this condition/disease? I guess the question is: Does having alopecia limit o…

Started by John Killion

16 Sep 21, 2009
Reply by Susan S

Are treatments really worthwhile?

I am new to this whole thing. I just had my first doctor visit on May 2nd. At that time he did the steroid injections in the 4 spots I had…

Started by Mandy

12 Sep 18, 2009
Reply by Donna DeHoog

Will it get worse?

I'm 25. I started losing patches of hair 3 yrs ago. Some hair grows back fast while other patches tend to get really big and last a long ti…

Started by Janice M

1 Sep 15, 2009
Reply by clare

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service